Predator PH315-51 Become hot while Plugged in .

Options
Zoltan555
Zoltan555 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

When I use the laptop on Battery (Without plugged in) is OK everything. The laptop Temperature is normal.

When I plugged in to charge the battery and use the laptop, the laptop become hot. Whatever I play video game, or use internet or use 3D program.

I'm looking for the solution more than 1 year here in the Acer community and outside. Still not find it.

I did check this :

And This:

Check these videos :

I still could not find the solution:

I did try to set up in the Windows Advanced Power Setting on same Value "on Battery" and "Plugged in", and I did try many different set up mode, Nothing Happens. The laptop is still become hot while plugged in.

I Did try to set up The NVIDIA Setting many different mode. 
The laptop is still become hot while plugged in.

I did try to Change the Windows System to use less power The laptop is still become hot while plugged in.

I did try to use ThrottleStop and set up many different variation. The laptop is still become hot while plugged in.

So Why my Laptop is Normal temperature while on Battery mode ? And why is become hot while Plugged in ?

The most important What setup Need to change to get the same Laptop Temperature on Plugged in and Battery mode ???

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,549 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You of course realize the predator laptop series normally run a lot hotter than less powerful laptops? See table below. If you are experiencing no other problems other than the laptop getting hot, then there is nothing wrong with your machine. This shouldn't harm the machine. Perhaps an external cooler will help you feel better? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Options
    Plugged in usually allows CPU/GPU to operate at higher power and higher temps. Try setting ControlPanel's power plan to power saver mode. If still no joy,  click on change plan settings. Then changed advanced power settings. Then click on processor power management folder. Then adjust min and max power states and system cooling policy. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Zoltan555

Tinkerer

Options
    Thank you I already went trough on this setting "advanced power settings" Is not solve the problem.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You of course realize the predator laptop series normally run a lot hotter than less powerful laptops? See table below. If you are experiencing no other problems other than the laptop getting hot, then there is nothing wrong with your machine. This shouldn't harm the machine. Perhaps an external cooler will help you feel better? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Zoltan555

Tinkerer

edited March 2020
    Options
    Usually if the temperature go to 80-85 C I switch off the Laptop for half hour than I start to use again. I try to save my laptop as possible I can, because I want use more a few years. Otherwise I did not mention I use the laptop every day more than 12 hour, usually I use software what use the graphic card hardly, like than Zbrush , 3ds Max. I just wanna keep the laptop temperature lowest I can. And I have laptop cooler fan under the machine.

• JackE
    Options
    I would then see if you can use the power saver plan most of the time. Then switch to balanced or perfomrance when you need extra power. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Zoltan555

Tinkerer

edited March 2020
    Options
    The "power saver plan" Does NOT help . I have made many different change on there and the laptop still becoming hot when plugged in.

Anyway I think there is no problem with my laptop, I just wondering what should I change to get the same laptop temperature on plugged in and battery mode.

I did try to change a lot of different variation on NVIDIA Setting. Windows Battery setting. Throttle-stop. and all this does not help.

I think this setup managed in Windows BIOS, what I can't Change.

It's very Interesting. When I use the laptop on plugged in mode the temperature going up 75 C and when I disconnect and use the battery mode the laptop 5 minutes and going to 50 C

I could not find the solution. I Connect and/ Disconnect to the electric while I use the laptop every 30 minutes, and the temperature going up and down.

Its Funny

• JackE
    Options
    Does your screen brightness increase when you plug in the charger and decrease when you unplug the charger? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Zoltan555

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes JackE, so what is mean ?
  • Zoltan555

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Does your screen brightness increase when you plug in the charger and decrease when you unplug the charger? Jack E/NJ

yes so what is mean ?
  • JackE
    Options
    It means the the machine will get hotter. Can you dim the screen to the same level as on battery alone (about 50%) by pressing the FN+LeftArrow keys? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Zoltan555

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:

yes so what is mean ?
    JackE said:
    It means the the machine will get hotter. Can you dim the screen to the same level as on battery alone (about 50%) by pressing the FN+LeftArrow keys? Jack E/NJ

I use the brightness level on "0" all the time. with plugged in and plugged out too. so this is not solution.
    Anyway I gonna give up There is no problem with my laptop jut not able to control many thing manually . I think this is an automatic setup and I don't want to go to BIOS to change this. I using the laptop in plugged in mode, than when become hot I plugged out, and when the buttery is running out plugged in again, and repeat this,

So there is no solution for this look like.

All the best...
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>Can you dim the screen to the same level as on battery alone (about 50%) by pressing the FN+LeftArrow keys?>>>
    >>>I use the brightness level on "0" all the time. with plugged in and plugged out too. so this is not solution.>>>

Not suggesting a solution. Just trying to get info. Does the FN+LeftArrow combination dim the screen? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Pranshu_Kapri
    Pranshu_Kapri Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Zoltan555 said:
    Thank you I already went trough on this setting "advanced power settings" Is not solve the problem.
    It must be the processor speed that's causing the issue here. If you're not sure, do one thing:
    Before plugging in, go to the Performance tab of the task manager and not the CPU speed over there.
    Then plug in and then note it down. If there is an appreciable change in the speed, it definitely is the problem.

Go to Control Panel -> Power Options -> Change Plan Settings (of your current plan) -> Change advanced power settings.
    In the Dialogue Box, Navigate to Processor power Management -> Maximum processor state.
    There, keep the values anything below 100% (I kept 90% On battery and 99% for Plugged in).

This might solve your Problem.
    Thank you.
  • Fastjhone8
    Fastjhone8 Member Posts: 50 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    edited December 2020
    Options
    try this this worked for me
    https://youtu.be/R1zhoMiTFMk
  • casahilbhatia
    casahilbhatia Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Zoltan555 said:
    When I use the laptop on Battery (Without plugged in) is OK everything. The laptop Temperature is normal.

When I plugged in to charge the battery and use the laptop, the laptop become hot. Whatever I play video game, or use internet or use 3D program.

I'm looking for the solution more than 1 year here in the Acer community and outside. Still not find it.

I did check this :

And This:

Check these videos :

I still could not find the solution:

I did try to set up in the Windows Advanced Power Setting on same Value "on Battery" and "Plugged in", and I did try many different set up mode, Nothing Happens. The laptop is still become hot while plugged in.

I Did try to set up The NVIDIA Setting many different mode. 
    The laptop is still become hot while plugged in.

I did try to Change the Windows System to use less power The laptop is still become hot while plugged in.

I did try to use ThrottleStop and set up many different variation. The laptop is still become hot while plugged in.

So Why my Laptop is Normal temperature while on Battery mode ? And why is become hot while Plugged in ?

The most important What setup Need to change to get the same Laptop Temperature on Plugged in and Battery mode ???

Hi,

I recently started facing similar issues of increased system temperature even when my CPU and GPU were not in use and the exact same thing that plugged in increases temperature but instantly disconnecting power makes the laptop normal again.

I finally found the culprit after looking for almost every setting in the battery plan.

So to fix this issue go to Power and Sleep -> Additional Power Settings -> Click on change plan settings for the current selected plan -> Click on change advanced power settings.

Here scroll down to PCI Express -> Link State Power Management

Now change this value to maximum power savings and you will immediately see a drop of 4-5 degrees in your temperature.

and within 2-3 minutes your Laptop should be back to normal.