heating issue in predator(ph315-51)

sathishraj051098
sathishraj051098 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
getting heated to 98c while playing ac origins and farcry 5 in high graphic settings(not ultra high) i am getting afraid that it may cause any damage to the internal components of the laptop please suggest me a suitable answer my laptop is just 4 days old right now,i even set the fan mode at max with cool boost on,and i usually play games with charger connected in,i need a quick solution for this issue please help me finding out :'(

Answers

• MrGrudev
    MrGrudev Member Posts: 86 Fixer WiFi Icon
    I had the same problem with my Helio 300. I7-8750H CPU and 1060 6GB. I managed to get incredible results on temperatures by undervolting the CPU ( I am still continuing undervolting and testing, but so far my system is stable at -125mV on core, cache and -0.605 on Intel GPU.
    1st of all try undervolting ( there is great tutotials in youtube and in this forum also. You can use this link. 
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw/videos

Go through  

"Acer Predator Helios 300 - Windows Optimization Guide" then 

Acer Predator Helios 300 - ThrottleStop Remix - Undervolt Guide - Overheating Fix / Optimization

Hotel Hero did a great job making this guides. 

2. Second thing you might want to do is lifting the notebook from the table by inch or two. Best way is to get a cooling pad beneath it.
    3. Third thing that helped me is optimising the games via Nvidia Experience. I did it game by game, because for some of the games it reduces the graphics too much. For them you can do it manually in the game.

Doing this 3 things reduced the temps from 95-99 top on the CPU to average 75, spikes to 85 ( ON ULTRA SETTINGS )

Good luck 
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Hi I created the videos posted above.
    While those videos surely will help reduce temps, they are not for your specific model.
    I have just purchased a Helios 500 and will be making tweak guides for it as well so keep an eye out.
    - Hotel Hero
  • M4rdock
    M4rdock Member Posts: 86 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Red-Sand said:
    While those videos surely will help reduce temps, they are not for your specific model.
    I have just purchased a Helios 500 and will be making tweak guides for it as well so keep an eye out.
    Awesome!
    But what can one tweak in Helios 500?
    Temperatures are already quite low in this model.
  • nawin
    nawin Member Posts: 1 New User
    i bought predator PH315 51 on flipkart its 2 week old,while playing normal games like PUBG on emulator the temp gets very high within 5 min on opening the game. kindly help me please...... 
  • RGV007
    RGV007 Member Posts: 1 New User
    nawin said:
    i bought predator PH315 51 on flipkart its 2 week old,while playing normal games like PUBG on emulator the temp gets very high within 5 min on opening the game. kindly help me please...... 
    Did you find any solution for heating issue.
  • M4rdock said:
    Red-Sand said:
    Awesome!
    But what can one tweak in Helios 500?
    Temperatures are already quite low in this model.

Working on videos for the 500.

As you said there isn't much to it just random tweaks here and there.
    - Hotel Hero
  • nawin said:

Need much more info..

Specs etc.
    - Hotel Hero
  • C317
    C317 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Red-Sand said:
    nawin said:

Need much more info..

Specs etc.
    PH315-51 is 300 with either i7-8750h or i5-8300h
  • Dinomite07
    Dinomite07 Member Posts: 45 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    I hit 80c average and the occasionally 90c for a second spikes playing Far Cry 5. Undervolting and a cooling pad might have helped. I don't know if they do much though. I got a GTX 1060, i7700hq.
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    I hit 80c average and the occasionally 90c for a second spikes playing Far Cry 5. Undervolting and a cooling pad might have helped. I don't know if they do much though. I got a GTX 1060, i7700hq.
    Also try limiting FPS to your screen refresh rate max. This too would help significantly.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Dinomite07
    Far Cry 5 hits 40 fps max even though my monitor is 75 fps.
  • Far Cry 5 hits 40 fps max even though my monitor is 75 fps.

Did you follow the youtube videos posted above?

Simply optimizing windows can mean the difference between 98 C max and 75 C max. (Even if you've undervolted a unoptimized system will perform poorly)
    - Hotel Hero
  • Dinomite07
    Red-Sand said:

Simply optimizing windows can mean the difference between 98 C max and 75 C max. (Even if you've undervolted a unoptimized system will perform poorly)
    Yes I did. Still the same.
  • sri369
    edited September 2018
    ***scratch***
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Sacredsoul47
    Sacredsoul47 Member Posts: 1 New User
    This might be a bit late for this thread, but I recently got the predator with i5 8300h and 1050 ti on a sale. 
    In what voltage range can I find a sweet spot for undervolting the cpu? Please specify the values for the core as well as the Intel gpu.
     I searched a lot but could only find the data for older and newer i7s.
    Thanks.
  • Red-Sand

Turn off Whisper mode in geforce experience
    - Hotel Hero
  • Red-Sand
    edited October 2018
    Red-Sand said:

Yes I did. Still the same.

What programs are running in the background? Perhaps sending to Acer to repaste would help.
    - Hotel Hero
  • iammaitrish
    iammaitrish Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

getting heated to 98c while playing ac origins and farcry 5 in high graphic settings(not ultra high) i am getting afraid that it may cause any damage to the internal components of the laptop please suggest me a suitable answer my laptop is just 4 days old right now,i even set the fan mode at max with cool boost on,and i usually play games with charger connected in,i need a quick solution for this issue please help me finding out :'(
  • iammaitrish
    iammaitrish Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Same problem goes with me . While playing farcry 5/Mafia 3 / fifa 18  temp hit around 95 to 96°C . 
    I have tried to under volt with throttlestop and Intel xtu none of those showed any proper result after that I contacted service center to get repaste still after repasting nothing happened . Please any one with any solution can share im really worried with my predator . 
    Im using it i5 8gen - 8300h . Gtx 1050ti 
  • sri369
    Same problem goes with me . While playing farcry 5/Mafia 3 / fifa 18  temp hit around 95 to 96°C . 
    I have tried to under volt with throttlestop and Intel xtu none of those showed any proper result after that I contacted service center to get repaste still after repasting nothing happened . Please any one with any solution can share im really worried with my predator . 
    Im using it i5 8gen - 8300h . Gtx 1050ti 
    Did you try using an external USB fan (connected to external power supply) and pointed to area right above the Fn keys?
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------