Ram upgrade acer aspire a315-22-49qx

Tattie
Tattie Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Hi I have went to crucial and used the tool for my upgrade and I purchased the 8GB ddr4-2666 sodimm after installing I turned my device on and all I get is black screen. Any ideas why it may be doing this. Tha is in advance 

Answers

• Hello,
    Could you give me the Crucial part number of the memory module?
    France
  • Tattie

Tinkerer

@laurent_14 where do I find the part number ? Is it on the package it came in?
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,195 Trailblazer
    edited February 2020
    You should find it on the white sticker of the memory module.
    France
  • Tattie

Tinkerer

@laurent_14 CT8G4SFS8266.M8FD 

Is this correct ?
  • Yes, it is. I'm checking....
    France
  • This module is 100% compatible with your laptop:
    CT8G4SFS8266

Did you try to insert it several times in the memory slot?
    France
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    You may need to reseat the RAM, ensure that it is seated correctly 

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Tattie

Tinkerer

@laurent_14 just done it a few more times and still a black screen if I take it out the computer boots as normal 
  • Ok. I would suggest you to contact the seller for an exchange or refund because this part is probably defective.
    France
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited February 2020
    Tattie said:
    @laurent_14 just done it a few more times and still a black screen if I take it out the computer boots as normal 

In that case it's a bad RAM stick, send it back for a replacement

Please click YES if I have answered your question 

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• PeggyvandenBerg76
    PeggyvandenBerg76 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem using a G Skill RAM stick, 8 GB, DDR4-2400. Laptop works normal when I take out the stick. What can i do?
  • Tanx
    Tanx Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, I am having the same issue with Crucial 2666mhz memory. I have been told it's actually DDR4 PC4-17000 2133MHz 260-PIN sodimm for this model
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,441 Trailblazer
    Tattie said:
    Hi I have went to crucial and used the tool for my upgrade and I purchased the 8GB ddr4-2666 sodimm after installing I turned my device on and all I get is black screen. Any ideas why it may be doing this. Tha is in advance 

My advice to you is this, get and install CPUz (if you haven’t got it) and look at your existing RAM specs like speed/timing (the manufacturer does not matter) in CPUz “Memory” and “SPD” sections and see if the OEM and the new RAM match? As the memory that you have gotten from Crucial might not be compatible if mixed with your existing RAM, try to take the OEM RAM out and boot the laptop with the new RAM only and see if your laptop works? If it doesn’t then the new RAM is either incompatible or faulty which is highly unlikely as a reputable company like Crucial does not sell you faulty RAM. Also and after you install the RAM, go into BIOS and see if the new RAM capacity comes up?

• Traconis
    Traconis Member Posts: 3 New User
    StevenGen said:
    Tattie said:

My advice to you is this, get and install CPUz (if you haven’t got it) and look at your existing RAM specs like speed/timing (the manufacturer does not matter) in CPUz “Memory” and “SPD” sections and see if the OEM and the new RAM match? As the memory that you have gotten from Crucial might not be compatible if mixed with your existing RAM, try to take the OEM RAM out and boot the laptop with the new RAM only and see if your laptop works? If it doesn’t then the new RAM is either incompatible or faulty which is highly unlikely as a reputable company like Crucial does not sell you faulty RAM. Also and after you install the RAM, go into BIOS and see if the new RAM capacity comes up?

Sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about! How we may remove the SOLDERED memory from the board? CPUz and other tools would just display a speed 1866 which will help nothing because you can't buy such memory (it doesn't exist in the form of physical sticks available to the public).
    I experiencing the same issue - found this topic hoping experienced technicians would provide the answer but all I can read is "smart assess" thinking they are smarter than regular users and suggesting to return memory because it is defective :(. The above memory is not defective - it works fine in a different laptop but not Acer A315-22-49QX.

So the question is simply - could you provide a part number for a 100% compatible memory based on the EXPERIENCE rather than rigged Crucial documentation etc.