WiFi driver error in Swift SF314-55G

Options
jaspal
jaspal Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Facing wifi related error with Swift SF314-55G.

I tried with multiple Intel wifi drivers (version - 20.50 / 20.70 / 21.70), windows update and windows reset but issue still exists.

Error is -
Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 : The version number is incorrect for this driver.
Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.
Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 : Could not find a network adapter.
Source: Netwtw06

Can anyone help me to know what exact version of driver need to be installed?

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Re-enter Device Manager. Click on the network adapter folder. Uninstall the wifi adapter driver. Exit Device Manager without trying to install anything. Shutdown Windows. Turn machine back on and let Windows automatically re-detect and re-install the wifi driver. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Re-enter Device Manager. Click on the network adapter folder. Uninstall the wifi adapter driver. Exit Device Manager without trying to install anything. Shutdown Windows. Turn machine back on and let Windows automatically re-detect and re-install the wifi driver. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• jaspal

Tinkerer

Options
    Thank you @JackE. I'm able to connect to WiFi network following steps mentioned by you.

But error related to WiFi driver is still reported in Event Viewer (attached error log as text files).

• JackE
    Options
    If DeviceManager now looks clean with no red or yellow warnings, just ignore the logs. I can't download them anyway to look at them. Do they have any date/time stamp? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• jaspal

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes DeviceManager is clean now with no red/yellow warnings for WiFi driver.

Below is error log with time stamp -

Log Name:      System
    Source:        Netwtw06
    Date:          24.2.20 09:10:18
    Event ID:      5002
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      Jaspal
    Description:
    Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
      <System>
        <Provider Name="Netwtw06" />
        <EventID Qualifiers="49152">5002</EventID>
        <Level>2</Level>
        <Task>0</Task>
        <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-02-24T03:40:18.726694800Z" />
        <EventRecordID>80102</EventRecordID>
        <Channel>System</Channel>
        <Computer>Jaspal</Computer>
        <Security />
      </System>
      <EventData>
        <Data>\Device\NDMP1</Data>
        <Data>Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560</Data>
        <Binary>0000080002003800000000008A1300C00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001400D0BA00000000</Binary>
      </EventData>
    </Event>

• JackE
    Options
    The error log seems to be a harmless remnant of earlier drivers that you tried to install? Were they generic Intel 9560 drivers or ACER-flavored Intel 9560 drivers? They are not the same. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• jaspal

Tinkerer

Options
    Earlier I tried both driver types (Acer Flavoured as well as Intel Generic).
    Acer Flavoured - Wireless LAN_Intel_20.70.0.5_W10x64
    Intel generic - WiFi_21.70.0_Driver64_Win10 (Earlier error due to this driver was similar but specific to netwtw08)

Jaspal
  • JackE
    Options
    OK. Next question. Why did you try either of those in the first place? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• jaspal

Tinkerer

Options
    One day while watching movie, system shutdown abruptly. On reboot I encountered WiFi connectivity dropping intermittently.
    Sudden change in system behaviour might be due to window updates.
    To fix WiFi dropping issue I proceeded with driver updates which didn't helped.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>Sudden change in system behaviour might be due to window updates.>>>

OK. This is common for Win10 updates. To help avoid this kind of thing in the future, make sure SystemProtection  is turned on in ControlPanel's 'restore point' app. That way, automatic restore points will be created by the update that you can use to reverse the update and block it until a subsequent update fixes the problem. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sudipG
    sudipG Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    i have  tried updating drivers uninstalling and re installing disabling and enabling..but not working ..my wifi is not showing.. please help anyone..    n.b.   i checked wlan auto config running in services..
  • JackE
    Options

Uninstall only! Don't try to re-install anything! Exit Device Manager without re-installing anything! Shut down Windows normally. Turn machine back on and let Windows automatically re-detect the hardware and automatically re-install a fresh copy of the correct driver.

Jack E/NJ