Aspire A515 laptop, USB stopped working

cottagefarmer
cottagefarmer Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
In Windows 10, the device manager states that the USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller "Device cannot start (code 10)". I've done a lot of research and tried to install new drivers. Since the laptop is able to dual boot I booted to a linux image and also could not see the USB. Wondering if this is a hardware issue?  Is there a way to confirm that, and is the USB hardware on the motherboard or is it separate, etc. etc.? Need to see if it's hardware failure and get advice on replacing, if so.

Thanks. CF in Dallas.

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi!!

@cottagefarmer

In Acer A515 series laptop, the USB hardware is is in the same single motherboard. From the information shared, I suspect it to be hardware issue. Contact Acer Technical Support team in your region https://www.acer.com/worldwide/ and check for repair options. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• K0de
    K0de Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    you could also open windows key and type in "Reset This PC" and do a factory reinstall.. you will be able to choose what goes and what stays on the computer.. hope this helps.. another alternative would be a restore point...