Acer XB271HU compatibility with dp 1.4 cable

Options
Selynelar
Selynelar Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
Hi all,

My concern is that i have an ACER XB271HU monitor and it has dp 1.2 port. The cable which came with the monitor out of the box is not enough long for me. Luckily I have a Club3d dp cable which is 1.4.
My quiestion is that can I use it safely with my monitor? Or it can cause later on any problem either to my monitor or to my pc? So far I now the dp 1.4 is backward compatible.

Thanks for your replies.

Best Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi!!

@Selynelar

If you have a DisplayPort 1.4 GPU connected to a DisplayPort 1.2 display you will only be able to do things that are supported by DisplayPort 1.2.

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Balatekie
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Selynelar said:
    Thank you so much. I dont really give a ***** about 1.4 benefits. Two things why I need that cable.
    1,The provided cable is not long enough.
    2,I dont really trust the provided cables with the monitor because i have read many problem with them.  And becide that I know that the Club3d for sure is VESA certified.

Thanks a lot again.
    Most manufacturer provide cable with default size of 1 meter & less than that. You can use the cable meeting as per your needs. You are Welcome :)

Answers

• Balatekie
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi!!

@Selynelar

If you have a DisplayPort 1.4 GPU connected to a DisplayPort 1.2 display you will only be able to do things that are supported by DisplayPort 1.2.

• Selynelar
    Options
    That one is clear for me. The question that is it okay to use this cable for long this cable with 1.4. Thank You anyway.

• Balatekie
    Options
    Selynelar said:
    That one is clear for me. The question that is it okay to use this cable for long this cable with 1.4. Thank You anyway.

Yep...you can use it and it wont create problem :)

• Selynelar
    Options
    Thank you so much. I dont really give a ***** about 1.4 benefits. Two things why I need that cable.
    2,I dont really trust the provided cables with the monitor because i have read many problem with them.  And becide that I know that the Club3d for sure is VESA certified.

Thanks a lot again.
  • Balatekie
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Selynelar said:

Thanks a lot again.
    Most manufacturer provide cable with default size of 1 meter & less than that. You can use the cable meeting as per your needs. You are Welcome :)