Aspire 5 515-54G-70AG how to get key 5 with the Euro sign to work with left Ctrl+Alt

Puraw
Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,052 Trailblazer
This has been a 7 year old question by AlyceM that was never fully answered on how to get Key 5 on Acer's keyboards with the Euro sign to work.
I know the Escape code and that left Ctrl+Alt+E will poduce the Euro sign in Office apps but why can nobody get this Key 5 to work? My driver is standard and use Windows 10 1909 x64 Home, language set to English (Philippines), I tried English (U.K.) but that also does not work, I also tried every possible key combination Alt Gr left-right but key 5 (with % and the Euro sign) won't work. My keyboard has backlit and it maybe European but I purchased my laptop from Acer Philippines last month.

How to access Euro sign

Answers

• What is the original language of the keyboard? What happens when you activate numlock and press altgr + 5?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Puraw
    I have a QWERTY keyboard that was installed with English (Philippines) by Acer Philippines 1 month ago. Num Lock only affects the numerical pad; when open those numbers on pad don't work (alt. function) I tried Num Lock with Alt Gr with and without Ctrl (left-right) and 5 (top row with the Euro sign) but nothing happens in MSWord (open document showing the curser).

• On some models, the euro symbol is next to the number 4. What happens when you press altgr + 4?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Hi,
    You could also try pressing Ctrl+Alt+4 buttons together to get Euro sign.
  • Puraw
    On my keyboard the € sign is under the E key, none of the 4 and 5 keys on main keyboard have it but the 5 key (main board) has the € sign printed with the % and I wonder why Acer still uses keyboards not compatible with the installed default language, it may have something to do with the keyboard backlit option that I have not available on other Aspire 5 models. 

• Hi @Puraw,
    Could you please post your keyboard snip and check whether your keyboard looks like the one in my snip.

• Puraw
    On some models, the euro symbol is next to the number 4. What happens when you press altgr + 4?
    In Word that will open a context menu with ruler and nav. panel options, all other apps no effect. The €  sign on my keyboard is under the E key (left Ctrl+Alt) that only works in Word and Outlook. The 5-% key has also the € sign printed on it but that does not work with any combination of key strokes (Acer compatibility issue).

• What is the version of the bios? If I'm not wrong, there is a version of the bios that corrects the scan code for the Bulgarian and French keyboard. I know yours is in a different language, but maybe you can try to update the bios.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Bhautik_188
    Bhautik_188 Member Posts: 1 New User
    For Euro sign just press,
    Alt + 0128