Help installing a 3.5" internal HDD - Acer Aspire TC-885-UA92

Options
Roarke
Roarke Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Hi all,
I'm trying to install a 3.5" HDD into my Acer Aspire TC-885-UA92. It came with a 2.5" SSD. I've already been able to mount the HDD into the case using the spare screws, and have a SATA cable already connecting it to the motherboard, but I'm unable to find any place to attach a power supply cable and actually get the HDD working.

It looked like there might possibly be a power supply cable inside the bundle of wires tied up into the back of the case, but I don't want to start unraveling things unless I know for sure that it's going to work. I would greatly appreciate any help, because I haven't been able to find anyone with a problem like mine! Thank you.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good afternoon Roarke !

Does your HDD use a standard Sata 3 connection?
    If so, the power connection cables are present on the PSU.
    It should open and check.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you send a picture of the power supply?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Roarke
    edited February 2020
    Options
    MaClane said:
    Good afternoon Roarke !

Good afternoon! :)
    I believe it does - it's a Seagate Barracuda 1TB from around 2014.

It's the same one pictured here:

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The page is in error.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Roarke
    Options
    Sorry about that - I've edited the post to include the image :)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Note that there are three SATA power connectors to connect, the hdd, the dvd and another storage unit:

I think you should check for the yellow cable.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Roarke said:
    MaClane said:
    Good afternoon Roarke !

Good afternoon! :)
    I believe it does - it's a Seagate Barracuda 1TB from around 2014.

It's the same one pictured here:

If this really is your PSU, there are the right connectors for the HDD.
    Are all available or is there more hardware using it?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!