CPU overheating aspire TC-780

David1949
David1949 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
The CPU on my Aspire TC-780 is running at 97 degrees and I haven't heard the fan come on, I usually do. I checked and found the fan doesn't come on at start up which doesn't seem right to me.
Is there a way I can look at the fan control in the bios? Could the fan be broken?
I don't know how long it has been running at these temps, but I only looked because I haven't heard the fan come on at full bore for maybe 3 days.

Best Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Access Bios and return all factory defaults and do a test.
    If the fan of the processor is not functional, I recommend that you check and, if necessary, perform the immediate replacement.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yeah, if nothing else the CPU fan should spin up during POST. If it doesn't then you likely either need a replacement or you need to actually plug it back into the motherboard. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• MaClane
    Good Morning David1949 !

Which EXACT model of your computer?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• David1949
    Good morning, not sure I know what exact model is. All I can see is Aspire TC-780 . Belac advisor says Mainboard is Acer Aspire TC-780(KBL) .
    It has been upgraded: 500g ssd, gtx 950 nvidia gpu. Power supply 650w .

• MaClane
    And which processor?

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• David1949
    Sorry for not getting back earlier, had to go to bed. The processor is i5-7400 3GHz, this is the original cpu.
  • MaClane
    Answer ✓
    Access Bios and return all factory defaults and do a test.
    If the fan of the processor is not functional, I recommend that you check and, if necessary, perform the immediate replacement.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yeah, if nothing else the CPU fan should spin up during POST. If it doesn't then you likely either need a replacement or you need to actually plug it back into the motherboard. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • David1949
    Thank you both for replies. The 4 pin power supply to cpu fan is fine, checked with an old cpu fan I have. I made no changes to bios so not a issue. Going on line to order new fan now. Again thank you billsey and MaClane