Probably a simple answer for this but I'm clueless monitor XB271HK

WHITELIONX
WHITELIONX Member Posts: 6 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
Hi all I have a Predator monitor XB271HK and a Radeon RX 580 graphics card but I can't seem to get the displayport working? I thougt it would be as simple as HDMI but for some reason it doesn't seem to do anything :(

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    It should be just as simple as HDMI is, the ports are keyed so you can plug the cable in backwards. Sometimes you have to use the on screen display menu to change source ports, but it's usually automatic. Bring up the OSD and let us know which port it's set to.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • WHITELIONX
    edited February 2020
    I tried using the OSD and set it to DP but got nothing on the screen just a "No signal" message it's currently on HDMI so I can actually use monitor/PC lol. And thank you for replying :)
  • WHITELIONX
    Meh just changed DP ports on the card and it worked lol, I noticed all my desktop icons have disappeared though?
  • ByronCunningham
    ByronCunningham Member Posts: 1 New User
    I see it looks like HDMI,the ports are keyed so you can plug the cable in backwards
  • WHITELIONX
    Okay I'll stick with HDMI yes DP works but couldn't open up settings or even a web browser lol, and that was with HDMI not plugged in
  • billsey
    I wonder if you just have a bad DP cable... Also, do you have Windows set to mirror displays, or extend?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • WHITELIONX
    edited February 2020
    I got the cable with the monitor, I mean it could be bad? I forgot what I had it set to lol I also have HDMI for my UHD tv, regardless I can live with only 30 hz instead of 60. I don't use mirror or extend usually when switching over to my tv I use the show only on 1 or 2
  • billsey
    My guess is when you plugged the DP in, it selected extend for you instead of just one or the other. So your computer was displaying the icons and the external monitor was just displaying the backdrop.
  • WHITELIONX
    Regardless I'm sticking with HDMI lol