Aspire 7 A715-72G fans blowing insanely loud for no reason

DenCept1
DenCept1 Member Posts: 7 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives

Hello!

I've had this problem since I bought the laptop a few months ago. When it's idle and NOT connected to the charger, the fan would sometimes turn on and be a little loud but only for some 10-15 seconds which isn't such a big deal and can be tolerated.

Now, since the battery lasts for about 3-4 hours when only browsing the web and writing in MS Word (even with battery saver ON in Windows 10), I am eventually forced to plug it in. The moment this laptop connects to the charger it goes absolutely insane; the fans start blowing to the max for minutes on end, then they calm down for maybe one minute and the cycle repeats. It is so loud I have trouble hearing what the person next to me is saying. I could probably somehow tolerate all of this if I didn’t have to spend a lot of time in the library, out of which I’ve been asked to leave (or turn off my laptop) multiple times already.

A friend of mine has the exact same laptop, the exact same Windows 10 version and no such issues. I tried tweaking the Windows power settings, but they do nothing; the laptop behaves as if I’m playing fifty games at the same time, when in reality I’m reading an article online or not even doing ANYTHING AT ALL.

I would be really grateful if anyone could help me with this problem. Thanks!

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited February 2020
    Please report back on your CPU temperature when this happens

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• DenCept1
    DenCept1 Member Posts: 7 New User
    andylb said:
    Please report back on your CPU temperature when this happens

I used CPUID HWMonitor where the temperatures display is changing rapidly, but this is what I tracked while I let Windows download updates.

Before I plugged in the charger it, the CPU was around 40 °C. Then I connected the charger. During the download it averaged at about 70 °C, but at some points went as high as 95 °C and started blowing like a jet engine. When it quieted down, it went back to an average of 40 °C.