ACER ASPIRE S 24-880 - network card replacement

matt5532
matt5532 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hey,

I have problem with my Aspire S24-880 AiO network card - Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. Problem is that it won't work on 1Gbps as it's stuck on 100Mbps. I have tried switching in settings to 1Gbps, updating driver, formatting computer, deleting and fresh installing driver (from ACER website) in safe mode.... and it just won't switch to 1Gbps.

Problem is not in my network equipment beacuse i have new ASUS RT-AX88U router and other computers work fine and have 1Gbps connection (also tried switching cables with other PCs that have 1Gbps connection). 

Is it possible to replace network card with new one? and which one to get?

Thanks

Comments

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning matt5532 !

The cable connection of this series has a 10/100/1000 factor and is integrated with solder on the board, it is not possible to change it.

Only the wireless card (802.11ac) can be replaced.
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• matt5532

Tinkerer

Ok, thank you very much for the reply!
  • MaClane
    Check that the RJ-45 connector input is secure.
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• matt5532

Tinkerer

Wow, thanks a lot. That solved my problem! The cable came from the side and looks like it didn't connect as it should.

Thanks for the help MaClane!
  • matt5532

Tinkerer

I have another question. Does this PC have another slot to add more RAM? and if yes which one would you recommend?

It only has 8gb of ram and i would like to add another 8gb.
  • matt5532

Tinkerer

matt5532 said:
    I have another question. Does this PC have another slot to add more RAM? and if yes which one would you recommend?

It only has 8gb of ram and i would like to add another 8gb.
    I checked my serial number and it says:

Memory

Standard Memory

8 GB

Maximum Memory

32 GB

Memory Technology

DDR4 SDRAM

Memory Standard

DDR4-2133/PC4-17000

Memory Card Reader

Yes

does that mean there is only 1 slot?

• MaClane
    Good Morning matt5532 !

This model supports a maximum of 32GB of RAM (including 2 slots) DDR4 2400Mhz

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™