Acer Aspire E5-575G-75D7 logo does not come up for the first run

Options
Pejman
Pejman Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited February 2020 in Aspire Laptops
Hello,
I have an issue with my Aspire E15. When I turn it on, the Acer logo does not appear and the screen is black. To run Windows 10, I must turn it off and then turn it on again. So, the Acer logo would appear and Windows 10 comes up. Could you please let me know how I can fix this problem? Thank you!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options
    Open ControlPanel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable' near the top of the box. Scroll down an uncheck the box to turn off fast startup. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Pejman

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Open ControlPanel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable' near the top of the box. Scroll down an uncheck the box to turn off fast startup. Jack E/NJ
     Thank you very much! I'll do to see the result.
  • Pejman

Tinkerer

Options
    Pejman said:
    JackE said:
     Thank you very much! I'll do to see the result.
    Hi JackE. I unchecked the box to turn off fast startup. But the problem has still remained. I still need to turn on my laptop twice.
  • JackE
    Options
    What your E15's full model number? For example, E5-576G? Meanwhile, check the bottom for a pinhole with a battery symbol. If it's there, shut the machine off and unplug the charger. Then gently insert a paperclip into the pinhole for about 10 secs. Then plug the charger back in and fire it up again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Pejman

Tinkerer

Options
    My model is E5-575G-75D7. I do not see any pinhole as you said. By the way, my battery is not working. I use only power. 
  • JackE
    Options
    Is the battery still connected inside? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Pejman

Tinkerer

Options
    So sorry for the delayed response. Yes, the battery is still connected inside? Do you think if I can take it out, my problem would be resolved?
    My laptop is working very well. The only issue that I am worried about is the one I told you about. Thank you!
  • JackE
    Options
    The issue is probably related to the BIOS losing its settings when it first tries boot. This might be caused by bad cells in the battery pack that only hold charge for a short time. If it were mine, I'd disconnect the battery pack to see if it still boots. If not, I suggest a replacement battery pack will likely solve the issue. Only about $30USD for a new pack. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• Pejman

Tinkerer

Options
    Thank you! How can I disconnect the battery pack? I am living in New Zealand. Is there any tutorial video to teach me how I can disconnect the battery pack? 
  • JackE
    Options
  • Pejman

Tinkerer

Options
    Perfect! I'll give it a try. Thank you!

• Pejman

Tinkerer

Options
    Ohhh!! It is very challenging. Do you think if I continue with this situation if there would be any major problem with my laptop?
  • JackE
    Options
    I doubt it'll hurt a anything leaving it as is. The other option may be to try to get a repair estimate from a local shop. You seem to have plenty of choices in town.  They may be able to check things out more quickly than we can do from afar. A new battery and possibly a new BIOS coin cell battery might cure the problem. The ACER  NZ chatline also might be an option for getting a handle on how much it might cost, https://acer.repair-centre.co.nz/#

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Pejman

Tinkerer

Options
    Thank you very much for your support! I'll do.
  • Dami90
    Dami90 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I'm having the same issue in same E5-575G model. My battery also dead but its still inside my laptop, it power on using the direct line. I need my laptop power on twice as you said (first time black screen) but not all time may be 3/10. Did you fix this issue?