How can I get my computer to recognize and use my mini-Toslink for S/PDIF sound?

Options
2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>> I want to be able to use the mini-Toslink which, despite FFlintone's statements, does exist. When I plug it in, I get the red light on the end of the cable. >>>>

Perhaps if you post a phone photo of the mini-Toslink plug & cable that you're using ---- and exactly where you're plugging it in ---  and the end you're  getting the red light --- might be helpful.

Jack E/NJ

• FFlintstone
    FFlintstone Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options
    Joe9844 said:
    @FFlintstone

Haven't heard back from you, have any of that help?
    Joe9844 said:
    Don't connect your mini-toslink cable.

Connect your laptop to your tv using HDMI cable.

When you switch from Intel Display Audio (or AMD HD Audio) to Realtek then your HDMI tv will not use audio from HDMI cable.

Then you play a youtube video on your tv and confirm that your laptop's internal speakers are playing the sound and not your tv.

Then you play a song in whatever music software you use and confirm that your laptop's internal speakers are playing the song and not your tv.

If your laptop has mini-toslink then your acer realtek audio console should have a realtek digital output device and you can configure from there.

Show us the "preferred" error message by doing a screenshot (windows button + shift + s).

Sorry. I can't provide a screenshot. But it's not surprising. When I plugged the Toslink to mini-Toslink cable into the HDMI switcher, there was no red light! The cable's just been hanging there. I don't know why it doesn't function as it did. The Toslink from the TV to the swither shows red, as does my desktop Toslink cable. I'm just gonna give up.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    A phone photo of your physical setup. Not a screenshot.

Jack E/NJ