Bios Flash drive don't work Acer G6-710

TomHeld
TomHeld Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
Hello
I have one problem with my usb flash and bios.
I want to update Acer G6-710 bios from R02-A1 to R02-A4.
I formatted the usb flash and copied the bios files to the formatted usb.
I restarted the pc and turned off the secure boot
, then I pressed F12 boot menu turned on and my usb flash wasn't there, there was only the boot menu which when i typed it gave me the windows 10 as a restart
I need help
my system specifications:
-----------------------------------------------
Manufacturer Acer
Model Predator G6-710 (U3E1)
Chipset Vendor Intel
Chipset Model Kaby Lake
Chipset Revision 05
Southbridge Vendor Intel
Southbridge Model Z170
Southbridge Revision
System Temperature 30 ° C
BIOS
Brand American Megatrends Inc.
Version R02-A1
Date 23. 11. 2016

-------------------------------------------------- ---------

Best Answer

• TomHeld

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    billsey said:
    Yes, there is no need to reformat your system. I don't understand why anyone would tell you that.

Several people had a problem with that. I solved it by picking up a backup ssd drive, installing a classic win 10 and then it went
    because in the ssd of the acer there were skeletal files that blocked both Flash.bat and bios. And when I installed a new bios, I put acer ssd there

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon TomHeld !

Did you follow the steps provided in the .PDF file inside the bios download?

I don't recommend updating if your system is working perfectly.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• TomHeld

Tinkerer

MaClane said:
    Good afternoon TomHeld !

Did you follow the steps provided in the .PDF file inside the bios download?

I don't recommend updating if your system is working perfectly.

I found that the bios firmware is blocked and nothing can be changed, I would have to format the hard disk and delete the acer platform and put a classic win 10 platform because Acer is blocking the bios for warranty.

Acer does not support the modern uefi utility such as asus or msi

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited February 2020
    @TomHeld

In the other thread, I gave you instructions to use the Win Flash Utility SOP.
    If the Win Flash Utility SOP didn't work, then......

1. Copy the WIN and ROM folders to a USB drive
    2. Open a Windows Admin Command Prompt
    3. If your USB drive has a drive letter of F, then you would type

F:
    cd win
    flash.bat

4. After the BIOS processing is complete, then restart your computer
    5. Load the BIOS defaults (F9) and then save/exit (F10)

Note:  Follow my instructions at your own risk.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • TomHeld

Tinkerer

JordanB said:
    @TomHeld

In the other thread, I gave you instructions to use the Win Flash Utility SOP.
    If the Win Flash Utility SOP didn't work, then......

1. Copy the WIN and ROM folders to a USB drive
    2. Open a Windows Admin Command Prompt
    3. If your USB drive has a drive letter of F, then you would type

F:
    cd win
    flash.bat

4. After the BIOS processing is complete, then restart your computer
    5. Load the BIOS defaults (F9) and then save/exit (F10)

Note:  Follow my instructions at your own risk.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If that doesn't work, you don't need to format your HDD, you can get spare utility emergency SSD on Amazon for pretty cheap.  Just disconnect your HDD and connect spare SSD and install vanilla Windows 10 on it.

https://www.amazon.com/ADATA-SU655-Internal-ASU655SS-120GT-C-Version/dp/B07DNLY1R2?ref_=MGiftedC&pf_rd_r=R0W1ZQ1E59MQ8EJZ85Z3&pf_rd_p=1b1b647f-1752-5c94-b1ee-e7bc6aaa9d9b&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=1292116011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER
    I tried this in safe mode troubleshooting

error.log
    Error 8714: Firmware update not initiated due to file open or read failure 

I was there such an error

this means that acer doesn't want to accept complaints about bios updates, so everyone has to reformat it, as you said at your own risk, because I still have a 5-month warranty
  • JordanB
    edited February 2020
    Here's Acer's customer support.  Click on link below.  I would recommend contacting Acer.

http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Yes, there is no need to reformat your system. I don't understand why anyone would tell you that.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JordanB
    Here's the Win Flash Utility SOP Instructions that I gave you in the other thread.

• Use "Windows Flash Utility" as in the instructions provided PDF document named "Win Flash Utility SOP v1.4" and posted above by "JordanB" DO "NOT FLASH BIOS" any other way as that is te recommended way of flashing BIOS in Windows! Its very simple!
  • TomHeld

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    billsey said:

Several people had a problem with that. I solved it by picking up a backup ssd drive, installing a classic win 10 and then it went
    because in the ssd of the acer there were skeletal files that blocked both Flash.bat and bios. And when I installed a new bios, I put acer ssd there

• I believe that the bios can only be updated, if uefi mode is enabled (launch csm in never).
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JordanB
    TomHeld said:
    billsey said:

Thanks for sharing solution.
  • DonVito
    DonVito Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

You should read this

R02 BIOS only compatible with Intel 7th Gen Kabylake platform. Not upgrade from R01.

Date:

2017/02/02

Version:

R02.A2

Vendor:

Acer

Size:

4.3 MB