Massive Branding Confusion on XR382CQK

Options
watchy
watchy Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 21 in 2020 Archives
I researched for days (watching all youtube review videos) for a Monitor with USB C support, and it led me to this model. 
I placed the order and when the monitor came, to my horror, USB C is no where to be found.

the below spec listed USB C as one of the feature.
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/UM.TX2AA.002

I searched high and low and finally discovered that XR382CQK comes in 2 different versions, one with USB C and the other with only USB 3.0
The version without USB C is also missing in Acer official site.

I am in a country where refund and exchange are not allowed, and am totally regretted the purchase.

How could Acer use the same brand code on 2 different products ?!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    There are three different models of the XR382CQK, BMIJQP (001 part number), BMIJQPHUZX (002 part number) and BMIJQPHUZX (003 part number). The first two were the original SKUs, differing in features, the third only changed the USB 3.0 to 3.1 feature from the 002. All are built on the same base 38" platform which is why they are part of the same model line. It looks like you weren't looking at the full model number, just the model line, and chose the one that didn't match your feature set. Likely it was a bit cheaper than the 003 model you wanted.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • watchy
    watchy Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    billsey said:
    There are three different models of the XR382CQK, BMIJQP (001 part number), BMIJQPHUZX (002 part number) and BMIJQPHUZX (003 part number). The first two were the original SKUs, differing in features, the third only changed the USB 3.0 to 3.1 feature from the 002. All are built on the same base 38" platform which is why they are part of the same model line. It looks like you weren't looking at the full model number, just the model line, and chose the one that didn't match your feature set. Likely it was a bit cheaper than the 003 model you wanted.

Thanks - can you provide the links to the specs of these 3 versions respectively?