How can I unlock the advanced features or configuration of my Aspire BIOS?

Options
stargazer1
stargazer1 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
My Aspire BIOS configuration is TOO simple.  It definitely is intentionally made so.

My question is. How can I unlock its advanced features or configuration?  

Aspire V13 V3-372T Laptop

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good Morning stargazer1 !

Not all Bios are possible to implement certain functions.
    Not a matter of "intention", but support of access to controllers.
    If yours does not, it is because it has not been implemented.
    No support for changes or modifications to Bios is allowed in the forum.
    The warranty breach procedure may render the device unusable.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    The ADVANCED features are locked on your model and cannot be unlocked

Please click YES if I have answered your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• stargazer1
    stargazer1 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    andylb said:

Also Good Afternoon MaClane

I know the advanced features are locked now.  I also understand this "may" void the possible warranty my Acer laptop "may" still have. However,

I am not sure if it is unlockable.

I read a few posts before.  Many people, whose Acer computer cannot identify a newly installed SSD, can solve their problems through reconfiguring certain BIOS parameters, which are not shown in my Aspire V3-372T-5051.

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    If the question is to recognize SSD, the exact configurations and use of hardware is the key point, rarely Bios.
    What SSD model?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    edited February 2020
    Options
    andylb said:

Also Good Afternoon MaClane

I know the advanced features are locked now.  I also understand this "may" void the possible warranty my Acer laptop "may" still have. However,

I am not sure if it is unlockable.

I read a few posts before.  Many people, whose Acer computer cannot identify a newly installed SSD, can solve their problems through reconfiguring certain BIOS parameters, which are not shown in my Aspire V3-372T-5051.

Firstly, don’t touch the BIOS you can’t change anything there, all you can change is the SATA mode from AHCI Mode to IDE mode and you should have AHCI mode selected for your system on your V3-372T-5051. Your BIOS is not an UEFI BIOS like on my V3-571G which has the same SATA settings anyway of AHCI.

If you want to install an SSD in to your Aspire V3-372T-5051 any SSD 2.5” will work, I’ve got a V3-572G with a Samsung 850EVO 2.5” SSD and its been working perfectly for over 3+ years, Samsung are particularly great as they have their own cloning software called “Data Migration” which is very simple and works really great and quickly and they also have “Samsung Magician” that you can activate “Rapid Mode” that increases SSD performance substantially, their products are one of the best. I don’t work for Samsung (wish I did ) and I don’t get anything for saying this (wish I did) lol cheers.