Switch 5 (SF514-54T-70AA)- keyboard backlight turning on by itself

pohlipit23
pohlipit23 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
On the Swift 5 (10th gen, i7), the keyboard backlight keeps turning on by itself each time the computer comes back from sleep. Anyone got the same issue and knows how to fix this?

Answers

• What is the model of the laptop? Example SP315-51-58VH. Furthermore, does this problem occur only after suspension?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • pohlipit23
    SF514-54T-70AA

I haven’t found the pattern yet when this issue occurs. It’s most of the time when bringing back from sleep. 
    I never turn the keyboard on by myself but regularly have to switch it off. 
  • Maybe there are some specific settings in your device's acer quick access?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • pohlipit23
    I can confirm it is happening when the machine is coming back from hibernation, not sleep.
  • Is there a function in the bios regarding the keyboard? What happens when you update the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• pohlipit23
    Updated to the latest BIOS and there is no setting for keyboard backlight.
    This is still happening. Each time the computer resumes from sleep, the backlight turns on and stays on.

Anyone else having the same issue and found a fix?
  • But does this problem occur when connecting the power adapter?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• pohlipit23
    But does this problem occur when connecting the power adapter?
    Yes. On AC or battery power. The behavior is the same.
  • After updating the bios, try pressing f9 to restore it and then f10 to save and exit. That way, you can fix some bugs.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer