My Aspire E5-575G-57D4 is not moving beyond the acer loading screen

Essa
Essa Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I didn't realize that it wasn't charging last night so it ended up dying while I was using it then after that it wasn't turning on like how it should, even after it was fully charged. It is stuck on the acer loading screen with no spinning dot or circle or anything. It only says acer. I tried the battery hole in the back and also opening up the Bios with f2 like how others have done and it doesn't work. The most recent changes made were last year November when I had to get a new charger and stuff. I've had the laptop for about 3 years now.

Answers

• Rade97
    Rade97 Member Posts: 39 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Hai @Essa
    If you have done the power drain and bios default correctly you can get the computer working fine.(For instructions needed for doing power drain and bios default give a comment)
    If not just try performing a system restore to roll back the computer to the time when your computer got dried out of battery.
    Click like if it is useful....

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Press and hold the power button till the laptop completely shuts off. Remove the charger. Then gently insert the paperclip into the pinhole again for about 30 seconds this time around. Then let the machine rest for about 15 minutes. Then plug the charger back in. Try to turn it on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Essa

Tinkerer

I tried that pinhole thing 3 times before and it didn't work. Someone told me to let the battery die, then do the pinhole process that JackE said and plug it in and turn it on. It came on after that. So thank you guys for your help!!! It meant a lot to me 😁👍
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Do NOT let your battery die, it is not good for the battery

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• JackE
    Agreed. Letting the battery go below critical charge level shortens battery life. Pressing the paperclip in the pinhole for a longer period of time probably would've eventually given the same result. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Essa

Tinkerer

I'll keep that in mind if it happens next time 👍
  • Essa

Tinkerer

Now there's another problem...my USB keyboard and mouse stopped working. They work when plugged into another device though. They were working just fine when my laptop came on, then hours later, they stop working. I'm having a really bad week with electronics 😅.
  • Essa

Tinkerer

I've tried restarting the laptop but that doesn't work but the keyboard works in the BIOS though. 
  • JackE
    Open DeviceManager. Do you see any red or yellow warnings? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Essa

Tinkerer

Not under keyboard or mice and other pointing devices. But there is one under USB Controllers. There is a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark beside USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller. 
  • JackE
    Right click on whichever host controller has the yellow triangle. Then uninstall it. Then exit DeviceManager without trying to re-install anything. Then shutdown. Then wait a few minutes. Turn the machine back on to let Windows automatically try to re-detect the controller and re-install its driver. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Essa

Tinkerer

I did that but they are still not working. After uninstalling the USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller, after i turned on the laptop it reappeared but still had the yellow triangle.
  • Essa

Tinkerer

It has been installed.
  • Essa

Tinkerer

It's still not working  :'(
  • JackE
    Download, install and run DriverBooster freeware https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Essa

Tinkerer

It's still not working 
  • JackE
    Do you mean DriverBooster didn't find any  new drivers? This would be very unusual? What does DeviceManager show now? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Essa

Tinkerer

It said it updated these:

and device manager still shows this: