Nitro AN515-42 - What type of SSD fits into my laptop?

PanPan
PanPan Member Posts: 17 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi,
    If you have a M.2 SSD already in your laptop, you need a 2.5" HDD or a SSD, it's pointless to install a 2.5" SSD when you have a M.2 SSD as a boot drive but it's my opinion, if you prefer a SSD, you can install either of them, could you please tell us what do you have at the moment in your laptop.
  • PanPan
    PanPan Member Posts: 17 New User
    Hi,
    If you have a M.2 SSD already in your laptop, you need a 2.5" HDD or a SSD, it's pointless to install a 2.5" SSD when you have a M.2 SSD as a boot drive but it's my opinion, if you prefer a SSD, you can install either of them, could you please tell us what do you have at the moment in your laptop.
    I currently have a 1TB HDD installed and a likely chance I have a m.2 SSD too (118 GB). 
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Yes, if you want you can leave the 1TB HDD as you already have a faster M.2 SSD boot drive, if you insist on 2.5" SSD, you can go for either of the SSDs you have mentioned, QVO drive may be slightly slower than the Evo.
    https://www.anandtech.com/show/13633/the-samsung-860-qvo-ssd-review/10
  • imdan
    imdan Member Posts: 4 New User
    go for samsung evo. They have great software support. I supper like their product.