aspire E5 576G-59AB - Why is my laptop screen so dim?

Options
phil120303
phil120303 Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
My laptop screen only shows images(still very dim that you have to shine a flashlight to see it) when I put pressure either at the bottom left of the screen or top right of the screen. Please I need help. I just bought this laptop a year and a half ago and I believe laptop screens takes time to wear out. Need help! Thank you!

Answers

• phil120303
    Options
    My laptop screen only shows images(still very dim that you have to shine a flashlight to see it) when I put pressure either at the bottom left of the screen or top right of the screen. Please I need help. I just bought this laptop a year and a half ago and I believe laptop screens takes time to wear out. Need help! Thank you!
    model of my laptop is aspire E5 576G-59AB with i5 8th gen and nvidia mx150 with 8gb of ram
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    Your backlight isn't working, go to Device Manager and uninstall the generic monitor then restart

Please click YES if I have answered your question 

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• phil120303
    Options

Please click YES if I have answered your question 
    Will it auto reinstall when I restart the laptop? Thank you for the response btw!
  • phil120303
    Options
    Update: It didn't work, still facing the same issue
  • andylb
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Is you Backlight accidentally turned off? Press Fn + F6 to toggle Backlight on off. Also try Fn + F5. If this doesn't work you will have to replace the Backlight, hopefully you have a Warranty

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• phil120303
    Options
    I do not have an option that toggles off my backlight, does the lcd ribbon cable play a role in this problem?
  • phil120303
    Options
    I do not have an option that toggles off my backlight, does the lcd ribbon cable play a role in this problem?
    When I plug the charger the screen brightens on in a split second then goes super dim again
  • phil120303
    Options
    my laptop's backlight is actually turning on but it needs to be lightly squeezed on the top to be bright that you can actually see it, what I did was while squeezing lightly on the top of the screen with my whole hand, I repeatedly pressed fn+f6(I actually had f6 option to turn on backlight), it was dim and dim until it returned to normal, but as soon as I let go of my hands squeezing, the backlight immediately turned off
  • andylb
    Options
    If you have to squeeze the screen then this is a hardware problem. If you are still under Warranty send it in

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• cmorris
    cmorris Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    Did you ever find a solution? I think I have the same problem, but so far its only the top half of my screen that is dimmed