Can I connect to a vga monitor with the acer nitro 5 AN515-53?

NitroSingh
NitroSingh Member Posts: 5 New User
edited February 2020 in Nitro Gaming
I'm currently connected to my LG 24-inch monitor with the hdmi cable to the hdmi port on the laptop. I want to connect my second monitor which is only vga, however I don't know how. I've bought many adapters but none work can someone please help me?

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good evening NitroSingh !

The first thing to do is to inform the EXACT model of your laptop.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• NitroSingh
    my model is the acer nitro 5 AN515-53
  • MaClane
    AN515-53 is only the series.
    The last 4 characters indicate the EXACT model.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• NitroSingh
    how can I find that?
  • MaClane
    On the label attached to the front, the back, the invoice, the device box, etc.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• NitroSingh
    model is 55G9
  • MaClane
    Your model does not have a VGA output.
    What do you really want to do?

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• NitroSingh
    So currently, the hdmi out is being used by one monitor. I want to connect a second monitor which has vga only but I’m not sure how. Can you recommend any adapters or ways to connect my second monitor?
  • MaClane
    In this case, your device already has the standard video output occupied.
    No adapter will work.
    The solution would be to purchase a Dell 6000 Dock.
    But it has no support for the VGA standard.

httpsidellcomisimageDellContentcontentdamglobal-site-designproduct_imagesperipheralsexpansiondelldocks_and_standsd6000herodell-universal-dock-d6000-hero-504x350jpgfmtpng-alpha

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• mackblend
    mackblend Member Posts: 1 New User
    @MaClane can you help me out to connect my Acer AN515-51-73C0 to my AOPEN 19CX1Q (version no: 19CX1Q b). I tried an HDMI to VGA converter cable but didn't work.
  • MaClane
    Good Morning mackblend !

To keep the forum organized and your question to have greater visibility, please avoid posting on topics already solved, opened by other users or inactive.
    Always open a new post, just as it has been guided by moderators.
    Put an @ in front of my name that I guide you there for any questions.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Mario2702
    Mario2702 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, man! Ive been facing this problem for a while but just solved it! So I created an account just to help you too! What you must do is purchase a real converter (HDMI to VGA) (IT MUST BE SPECIFIED THAT ITS FROM HDMI TO VGA, AND IT MUST BE A CONVERTER, NOT ADAPTER!!! the way to differentiate it is seeing that a converter must have a power suply, and an adapter dont!) This is the link to the one I bought and worked: https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/32976152001.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2bra&spm=a2g0o.9042311.0.0.5b0ab90aD0OpU8