AN515-42-R5ED drops wifi when plugged in to power and set to High Performance

Options
DenP
DenP Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have looked all over and been unable to find an answer. My wifi drops (disconnects) when my laptop is plugged into AC power and High Performance is selected in Nitrosense. I can still view available networks but when I attempt to connect, it says "Cannot connect to this network".

If on battery, the wifi works and I can connect. If Balanced is selected in Nitrosense, the wifi works and I can connect. I've changed my power plans in windows so the Network adapter stays on when on battery or plugged in. I've updated the adapter drivers and I've rolled them back from the Acer support site. I've removed and reinstalled Nitrosense. Is there a fix that allows the wifi to work when High Performance is selected and the power plugged? I would like to be able to maximize this laptop's GPU capability when in wifi.

Thank you.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Go to Device manager, expand Network adapters, right click your WiFi card and select Properties, move to Power Management tab, untick the boa for "Allow the computer to turn off...." and see whether it helps.

• DenP
    DenP Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thank you, I appreciate the response.  I tried that and it still drops the wifi connection when the AC cable is plugged in and Nitrosense is set to High Performance. My wireless adapter is the Qualcomm Atheros. Currently I am just keeping Nitrosense at Balanced so I can stay on wifi.