cannot connect to WiFi due to Qualcomm driver is not present in the device manager aspire E 15 E5-5

Bbob563
Bbob563 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited March 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hello all,

My ACER aspire E 15 E5-572G-72M5 is having trouble connecting to the WiFi. When I boot up my laptop, the WiFi option is not there on the bottom right corner. It’s not a shortcut issue or adding it to the task bar. Literally I cannot find it anywhere due to it being disconnected or not launching up. I looked at my device manager and it’s not shown under network adapter. If I press view hidden, I can see it. I tried to scan for hardware changes multiple times and it still doesnt show up. I tried the network reset as well and that has not worked. 

Honestly, i dont treally know what to do or what to try at this point. I’m scared of uninstalling the driver because if it’s not showing up on the “scan for hardware changes” why would it come up after I uninstall it. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    If you have an Ethernet cable connect it and download the appropriate driver for you Wireless LAN card (Broadcom, Intel or Qualcom Atheros). if you do not have Ethernet then use another computer inf download it to a Flash card or a USB stick. Delete your current driver and then install the downloaded one. 
    Driver link for your model
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/5486?b=1

Please click YES if I have answered your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Hi,
    Go to Acer support site, download the driver version 10.0.1.2 and save it in the Desktop, then go to Device manager, expand Network adapters, uninstall the driver and reboot, let Windows install the driver, if Windows doesn't install the driver, you can manually install the driver.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/5486?b=1
  • linzi
    linzi Member Posts: 2 New User
    hi , i to have a similar issue on my acer es1-521 since i went to windows 10 i have lost my wifi network card i have tried reboot delete item everything upgrading bios , drivers from all sites , and it still disappears i am using a plug in wifi adapter ....oh i have even done a win 10 reinstall.......i am at the stage of giving up.any help would be gratfully recieved
  • Bbob563
    Bbob563 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    If you have an Ethernet cable connect it and download the appropriate driver for you Wireless LAN card (Broadcom, Intel or Qualcom Atheros). if you do not have Ethernet then use another computer inf download it to a Flash card or a USB stick. Delete your current driver and then install the downloaded one. 

brummyfan2 said:
    Hi,
    Go to Acer support site, download the driver version 10.0.1.2 and save it in the Desktop, then go to Device manager, expand Network adapters, uninstall the driver and reboot, let Windows install the driver, if Windows doesn't install the driver, you can manually install the driver.
    Hello all, I don’t have an Ethernet cable. I have tried uninstall, rebooting and windows did reinstall it but the next day it went away again. So, I’ve tried the flash drive option which worked about a 10-15 mins and went away. Now, I can’t do anything. Is there any other way for me to get the wifi to work? Please any help would be greatly appreciated
  • OzzieOiOi
    OzzieOiOi Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Never another Acer, never again... this is incredibly frustrating:
    • Roll Back the Driver? CHECK! - Didn't work
    • Update the Driver? CHECK! - Didn't work
    • Turn off the modem and restart after 10 seconds? CHECK! - Still not working....
    • Connect an ethernet cable? CHECK! - Still no internet...
    • Transfer every Qualcomm driver known to man to your ((offline)) Acer? CHECK! - still nuthin'
    • Download "EasyDriver" software to figure out your driver issues and install for you? - CHECK! - still no internet...
    To be fair, I suppose one might argue it's Qualcomm's fault, and not Acer's issue.
    And come to think of it, just this week the football stadium formerly known as "Qualcomm Stadium" was recently demolished this week... and I suppose, unless I want a glorified typewriter, I should do the same to my fancy Acer Gaming Computer, a nice looking $2300 typewriter...

Never again. Never again will I make this mistake.....
  • OzzieOiOi

Tinkerer

Bbob563 said:
    andylb said:

brummyfan2 said:
    Hi,
    Hello all, I don’t have an Ethernet cable. I have tried uninstall, rebooting and windows did reinstall it but the next day it went away again. So, I’ve tried the flash drive option which worked about a 10-15 mins and went away. Now, I can’t do anything. Is there any other way for me to get the wifi to work? Please any help would be greatly appreciated

Unfortunately Bbob563, there's only one solution:
    Get another computer.
    These Acers are simply glorified typewriters... mine is a "gaming computer" so it even has a nice red keyboard... but it ain't for workin' on the internet, that's for sure...
  • OzzieOiOi

Tinkerer

Bbob563 said:
    Hello all,

My ACER aspire E 15 E5-572G-72M5 is having trouble connecting to the WiFi. When I boot up my laptop, the WiFi option is not there on the bottom right corner. It’s not a shortcut issue or adding it to the task bar. Literally I cannot find it anywhere due to it being disconnected or not launching up. I looked at my device manager and it’s not shown under network adapter. If I press view hidden, I can see it. I tried to scan for hardware changes multiple times and it still doesnt show up. I tried the network reset as well and that has not worked. 

Honestly, i dont treally know what to do or what to try at this point. I’m scared of uninstalling the driver because if it’s not showing up on the “scan for hardware changes” why would it come up after I uninstall it. 

Acers are not meant to connect to the internet. For this you will need a proper computer, apologies for the confusion...
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,441 Trailblazer
    Bbob563 said:
    Hello all,

"Bbob563" first do this, reboot your laptop then press the F3 key or the Fn+F3 key after reboot and after you have logged in to windows to activate the WiFi/BT card and see if that works, if not, then go to this site "Unofficial Qualcomm Atheros drivers website” and install the latest drivers for your E5-572G-72M5. 

If you don't know your E5-572G's WiFi/BT card model number them, go to “Device Manager” and see the model number under “Network adaptors” or look inside your E5-572G-72M5 for the model number, as the above site has the latest Wi/BT cards drivers and download the new drivers. Make sure that you completely uninstall the old drivers first before installing the new drivers. Also, if this site hasn’t got your Qualcomm Atheros Wi/Fi-BT card model drivers get them from the Acer Support site for the Aspire E5-552G and install those drivers as above. This is a simple process if you do things correctly.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,441 Trailblazer
    OzzieOiOi said:
    Bbob563 said:
    andylb said:

brummyfan2 said:
    Hi,

Get another computer.
    These Acers are simply glorified typewriters... mine is a "gaming computer" so it even has a nice red keyboard... but it ain't for workin' on the internet, that's for sure...

Look “OzzieOiOi” if you had a bad experience don’t rubbish a product that you probably have no idea how to fix and/or about things. There are lots of happy consumers that use the Acer product and the more you rubbish the product the more and unfortunately you project your complete and utter ignorance of things and what you are.  

As saying this sort of nonsensical things “Get another computer. These Acers are simply glorified typewriters... mine is a "gaming computer" so it even has a nice red keyboard... but it ain't for workin' on the internet, that's for sure...” is absolutely not true and false. Btw, I've been using Acer products for over 15 years both personally and professionally and I've never ever had your problems and/or your spite to anything like you do, Acer products have always been top class and of exceptional design and especially value for money and have been always exceptionally covered by their warranty. Be more positive as you will be taken more seriously if you do, cheer up!

• OzzieOiOi

Tinkerer

edited March 2021
    StevenGen said:
    OzzieOiOi said:
    Bbob563 said:
    andylb said:

brummyfan2 said:
    Hi,

Get another computer.

Look “OzzieOiOi” if you had a bad experience don’t rubbish a product that you probably have no idea how to fix and/or about things. There are lots of happy consumers that use the Acer product and the more you rubbish the product the more and unfortunately you project your complete and utter ignorance of things and what you are.  

As saying this sort of nonsensical things “Get another computer. These Acers are simply glorified typewriters... mine is a "gaming computer" so it even has a nice red keyboard... but it ain't for workin' on the internet, that's for sure...” is absolutely not true and false. Btw, I've been using Acer products for over 15 years both personally and professionally and I've never ever had your problems and/or your spite to anything like you do, Acer products have always been top class and of exceptional design and especially value for money and have been always exceptionally covered by their warranty. Be more positive as you will be taken more seriously if you do, cheer up!

You're right StevenGen, I probably looked in the wrong dark corners of the internet for a solution....

I tried this.
    And this,
    Then this,
    Also this,
    Decided this may work...
    And this.
    Also THIS.
    And rolled the dice with this.

Two things are clear:
    Thing 1: This is a common problem, AND
    Thing 2: I haven't been patient enough... apologies..

I will return after attempting another dozen "fixes"