HOW CAN I BOOT THE SYSTEM WHEN I ONLY SEE UEFI OPTION IN BOOT MENU?

Aarthee
Aarthee Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 20 in 2020 Archives
Hi,

This is the first time I buying a laptop. It is Aspire 3 model of linux OS. I see only UEFI OS in BIOS. I end up with only a command window on the screen after restart. Please help me to proceed beyong this and have my laptop successfully finish it's first bootup. 

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good evening Aarthee !

I didn't understand your question exactly.
    Are you trying to install an operating system or start the existing one?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Aarthee
    Aarthee Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi Ma lane, I am trying to start the existing one. It's a new laptop with linux OS. When I tried to start, it asked me to setup legacy mode in BIOS, but in BIOS I could see only UEFI mode. When I restart the system I stuck at root@localhost# page. I can't proceed beyond this 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    >>>When I tried to start, it asked me to setup legacy mode in BIOS>>>

It is NOT stuck. It has booted into the Linux terminal command prompt. What do you mean by start? From a CD? From a USB? If you enter 'dir' or 'ls' at the command prompt it should list the files and folders in the root directory. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Is Sata Mode in AHCi?
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!