RAM Upgrade for E5-475G-56XB

Options
Zeninth125
Zeninth125 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I already post a topic about should I upgrade or replace my E5-475G-56XB and I think its better if I upgrade it.

However, I thought it will be better if I post a specific topic so that others who face same problems as me can easily find their answer.

From the image above, I know that my RAM is an 8GB Dual-channel with 2133MHz.

And when I search for its specs,specifically at https://memory.net/product/hma41gs6afr8n-tf-sk-hynix-1x-8gb-ddr4-2133-sodimm-pc4-17000p-s-dual-rank-x8-module/. I know that it has CAS Latency of 15(CL15) and it's voltage is 1.2V(DDR4). So that means I need to find another RAM with the same specs as I stated above. 

At this point, I'm assuming that is all I need to know.

My question is, other than the information stated above, do I need to consider other factor to upgrade my RAM? Can I use 8GB 1Rx8, or 16GB 2Rx8, or 4GB 1Rx16? Is there anything else I need to know? Can I use other brand RAM with my current RAM? And if decide to switch both of the RAM, does my laptop accept CAS latency other than 15?

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,264 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    You have to look for a DDR4 2133MHz module with CL=15, you don't need to worry about whether it's single rank(1R) or dual rank(2R), you can use either of them and don't have to be of same brand.
    Example:https://www.scan.co.uk/products/8gb-(1x8gb)-corsair-ddr4-sodimm-value-select-pc4-17000-(2133)-non-ecc-unbuffered-cas-15-15-15-36-12v
  • Zeninth125

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi,
    You have to look for a DDR4 2133MHz module with CL=15, you don't need to worry about whether it's single rank(1R) or dual rank(2R), you can use either of them and don't have to be of same brand.
    Example:https://www.scan.co.uk/products/8gb-(1x8gb)-corsair-ddr4-sodimm-value-select-pc4-17000-(2133)-non-ecc-unbuffered-cas-15-15-15-36-12v
    Thank you for your answer, brummyfan2. Your recommendation is exactly what I hoped for.

MaClane said:
    Good afternoon Zeninth125 !

This model supports a maximum of 32GB of RAM (having 2 slots, 16GB per slot) So-DIMM DDR4 2133Mhz

This is the default.
    Chip rank or CAS issues will be set and limited automatically by the controllers and chipset.

Thank you, Maclane. Your input is very interesting. If I may, how can I get that information? I mostly use HWinFO to get information from my hardware.
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    The information was taken from the service manual which is not made available to the end user.
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Zeninth125

Tinkerer

Options
    MaClane said:
    The information was taken from the service manual which is not made available to the end user.
    Thank you for your response. I was wondering if the user manual have information. I thought I missed it. 
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Technical information like this only in the service manual.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!