Scouser1966 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited February 2020 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
Hi im after some plug in hdmi leads for the acer veriton n4640g

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,765 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Scouser1966
    Exactly what kind of plug you looking for ?

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Scouser1966
    Options
    It clips in on the inside on the motherboard
  • laurent_14
    Options
    Are you looking for the HDMI board? Could you post a picture?
    France
  • Scouser1966
    Options
    Its not a board. Its a lead that clips on the motherboard and has hdmi socket on the other end 
  • Scouser1966
    Options
    I currently have 3 veritons and only one has hdmi. I know the lead plugs in on motherboard and fits to back of pc via two screws. So i just need to know where i can get the leads from
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,765 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Scouser1966
    Check the below link for the number where you might get the spares
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5969/~/where-can-i-order-parts-or-accessories-for-my-computer%3F

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Here's a snip from the FRU list that *might* help... Note they don't give us a picture and elsewhere the port is described as the DP/HDMI Cable Header so try to get a picture of the part before buying. Note also that some models came with a graphics card installed, and that provided the HDMI port, rather than a cable off the MB.
    Here's the MB layout:
    #10 is the connector...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • eMcz
    eMcz Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hi, where can I download the mainboard layout with a description of the board components?
  • billsey
    Options
    @eMcz you should start your own thread for that request. I assume you're looking for the same diagram as above, but with the numbers described? Make sure you put your full model number in your thread, N4640G-xxxx. There are a couple of dozen different SKUs...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • eMcz
    Options
    Billsey, thank you for responding to my question. I have a PC with the model number VN4640G-W (SNID 74700337230) and I am looking for a description of the motherboard as shown here. On the Acer website, there is only a user manual.
  • billsey
    Options
    OK, that's the Veriton N4640G model line. They came with 6th gen Intel chips and the Skylake chipset. Hopefully this won't be too small to read easily:
    That image is a clip from the service guide, which is not publicly available. The moderators here let us post clips like this. :)
  • eMcz
    Options
    This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much.
  • billsey
    Options
    Glad I could help.
  • mihun70
    mihun70 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi, is there any way to get the service manual? I'm planning buying this PC and I'm not sure about sata ports and pci Express ports...some models have some attachments which I could not find documented anywhere...
  • billsey
    Options
    The Service Guides for Acer products are not publicly available. We are allowed to post snippets from them in order to assist other Acer users.
  • EnthusiastGuy
    EnthusiastGuy Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    billsey said:
    [...]
    That image is a clip from the service guide, which is not publicly available. The moderators here let us post clips like this. :)

Hi there Billsey and thank you kindly for this diagram. It was extremely helpful!

I got myself this beautiful piece of tech and I'm trying to turn it into a dedicated gaming station. Well, 2000's era gaming offcourse. I did several experiments with it, such as plugging in an external GTX580 and actually playing stronger stuff on it, but my main interest now is to take advantage of that USB cable header at 31 (coded P5).

You see, I plan to add an XBox 360 receiver (after I tear it down to a small board) and I am trying to identify the nature of that connector so I can order something compatible from China or some other place. So, I initially figured it should be a PH2.0 mm, but that assumption was a fail, as it can be seen from this image below.

Can you please tell me what should I be looking for? Is it a JST 1.25mm?

Thanks!

P.S. Any other interesting stuff in that service guide that can be published here? Just asking. :smiley:

• billsey
    Options
    I believe those are JST connectors, the pin spacing is metric and just under (0.25mm?) the 0.100" spacing on the black headers. They are keyed differently that the larger headers...
  • EnthusiastGuy
    EnthusiastGuy Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    billsey said:
    I believe those are JST connectors, the pin spacing is metric and just under (0.25mm?) the 0.100" spacing on the black headers. They are keyed differently that the larger headers...

Alright, that was my (rather late) guess as well, that it should be the JST, but I measured 1mm in between two of those pins. Closest I could find was the 1.25mm though so I ordered that hoping for a measurement error on my part. Guess we'll see in a month or so. Thanks a lot!

When you refer to keying, you are pointing at the black COM port at 29, right? Otherwise I don't get the keying concept on the linear pin row. I'm hoping you're not trying to say that the USB port has a weird non-standard pinout. :smiley:

I'll just measure it out to make sure anyway. Identify the power pins first and then hope they surround two pins that I can assume to be the data pins.
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,436 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    Options
    Will you be able to get a HDMI driver ?
    Also, I would thing that Newegg, Tiger Direct, Mouser or Digi-Key would have the cable.
  • billsey
    Options
    No, by keying I'm talking about the notches at the side and open front to the white connector. The mating plug will be shaped to only fit in the socket in one direction.