How to fix color calibration in Nitro 5 after replacing the display screen to 120 HZ (Non-stock)?

Mustafa1Rashad
Mustafa1Rashad Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello everyone! 

So I have Nitro 5 model AN-515-53 & I have replaced the original display which is 1920X1080P 60Hz to 1920X1080P 120Hz (more details about those products at the bottom). The problem with that is the color calibration are really bad. I know how to calibrate and whatever but I want to ask you this. When I first turn on my Gaming Laptop & sign in to Desktop, the colors are displaying correctly perhaps because the drivers didn't apply yet. I was fast enough to see the graphics display settings & it was 120 Hz so I am good. The thing is, after 15 seconds, it will apply those drivers & my screen will look ugly again. So my question is, is there is a possible way to disable the drivers which change the colors only so I can have my original display correct colors while maintaining 120HZ? 

Display Screen product that I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H971CQH/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you for your time & I look forward from hearing from you all.

Mustafa Rashad

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,180 Trailblazer
    edited February 2020
    Is this problem visible in a screenshot or video? Does your display image have a slightly yellowish color tone?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Mustafa1Rashad

Tinkerer

No. It's just too much white, red, blue, and green colors popping up on high contrast. @egydiocoelho
  • Is the problem visible in a video recording? Have you checked if the problem persists with an older version of the intel and nvidia drivers?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Mustafa1Rashad

Tinkerer

It's just the general display being offset by the new screen display that I installed. The colors are not displaying correctly & must be calibrated however, I can calibrate it but I would prefer disabling the drivers that change the color in order to get the most accurate colors. @egydiocoelho
  • Can you inform the model of the display?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Mustafa1Rashad

Tinkerer

Yes, here is a screenshot. @egydiocoelho
  • Mustafa1Rashad

Tinkerer

I am sorry. This is the correct one that you asked for. @egydiocoelho
  • No, I mean the model of the monitor. Also, did you try to use the "calibrate video colors" function that is present in windows?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Mustafa1Rashad

Tinkerer

I corrected it. Look at the previous message. @egydiocoelho
  • Click here and point to the idhardware tab:

Your monitor model will be shown.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Mustafa1Rashad

Tinkerer

Here you go. @egydiocoelho
  • Have you ever used the "calibrate video colors" option in the control panel? Also, is it my impression or are the letters (fonts) also faded?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Mustafa1Rashad

Tinkerer

I am using one right now, yes. The only problem with that is that you can never calibrate the colors as good as the original ones. Like I said before, I would like to disable only the color driver which then I can get the correct colors + 120 Hz. I am 100% certain that it is possible to do that however, I don't know how to & that's why I am asking my question here. As for the faded font, no, it's not faded. Last, I got to say thank you so much for your time & I would need to go study now. We will talk at some other time. Have a good day! 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,180 Trailblazer
    edited February 2020
    Yes, I understand that you want to uninstall the color driver. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that what you want to do right?

Another question, when you uninstall the monitor drivers, does the problem with the colors remain? It would be interesting to perform this procedure, since you have replaced the monitor with a different model. 
    Also, check the color settings of the intel control panel:
    Please let me know if these changes helped you, but I don't think it's possible to disable the color driver. You should not try to uninstall the drivers for the monitor and the intel and nvidia video cards.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer