Anyone had luck fixing the not-charging battery in the Nitro 7 AN715-51-796C ?

Options

Answers

• JWA1979
    JWA1979 Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    That doesn't work. I've tried and Acer tried, but it didn't work. Only a new motherboard will work. 
  • Brazilrome
    Brazilrome Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Got the laptop back today for the repair and now it works like It should.
    They change the battery and update the Bios. Hope so it last now.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @BrazilRome Do you speak Portuguese?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Brazilrome
    Brazilrome Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Options
    @BrazilRome Do you speak Portuguese?
    Sorry. No i don’t speak portuguese.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,775 Trailblazer
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @BrazilRome I asked because of his nickname "BrazilRome".
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ShaneW
    ShaneW Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    So I may or may not have found a solution. I use my laptop constantly, and have it on the charger very frequently. I went to fix a cabin for a few days and forgot my laptop charger, so I didn't use it. When I got back two days later (which is right now) it is charging after being stuck at 2% for two months! I dont know what may have happened, but it works now. I will update when it stops charging again, but right now it is fixed for me.

P.S. Acer fix this *****. It is not the place of the community to fix it for you.
  • lumpee
    lumpee Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I just wanted to add to this feed.  I have sent my laptop in twice for this issue.  The second time they "claimed" to have changed the battery.  I didn't mark the original one so I am not sure.  The no charge issue started up again so I got on chat and requested a charger.   That did not fix the issue either.  At this point I am just removing the bottom of the laptop to disconnect the battery.  I'm going to try a few more things that I saw in the earlier posts but if it keeps giving me trouble I am going to send it back for a 3RD time and request a motherboard replacement.  They should have a recall on this Nitro 7 Model and fix it.  They KNOW it's an issue but are dragging their feet with it.  My previous ACER is still working great...never had a problem.  This NItro 7 has been a pain in the butt.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @lumpee What is the version bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• lumpee
    lumpee Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    egydiocoelho I will check it and post it.
  • KayorW
    KayorW Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I’ve had this issue after having my laptop for two months and again a few weeks ago so I thought I would share what I did to fix the issue. I came to this thread and followed the suggestions others made but that did not work. I opened my laptop disconnected and reconnected the battery  and tighten the screws where the charger is inserted and it began charging again. I’m not sure if a single step did the trick or if all those things combined helped but it’s working again. :)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @KayorW Did you press the screws in that region?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• WEH3
    WEH3 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    YOUR BATTERY IS OVERCHARGING!
    I had this issue a few weeks ago and found this forum, my computer worked so long as it was plugged in but it was at 2%. I ordered a replacement battery but in the meantime, I tested my theory. I let the battery completely drain by turning the sleep and screen off timer to never let the battery go to critically low and left it for a day. Afterward I plugged it in and two days later (the same day my replacement battery had arrived) I noticed my battery had a charging status time and was at 35%. Since then the battery fully charges with no issues and I leave it unplugged once it reaches 100% so it does not overcharge the battery again. I hope this works for you all!
  • PlSSCHRlST
    PlSSCHRlST Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I FOUND A SOLUTION!!!
    1. Go to advanced power options and under battery for low and critically low action for the on battery option select do nothing.
    2. Unplug your nitro 7 and let your battery get rally low like 7% and uninstall the battery and power adapter driver.
    3. turn your brightness all the way up and start a game or something let the battery fully die.
    4. leave it off and unplugged for like 15 minutes.
    5. plug it in and turn it on it starts charging.
  • SilverScreen
    SilverScreen Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I FOUND A SOLUTION!!!
    1. Go to advanced power options and under battery for low and critically low action for the on battery option select do nothing.
    2. Unplug your nitro 7 and let your battery get rally low like 7% and uninstall the battery and power adapter driver.
    3. turn your brightness all the way up and start a game or something let the battery fully die.
    Everyone, I can confirm, my laptop too was not working, but I tried the solution of PISSCHRIST, and now it's working perfectly!
  • samiam3
    samiam3 Member Posts: 37 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    AN515-54 had same problem.
    - Disconnect battery and POWER for 30 seconds to reset did not work.
    - Reset the AC block by unplugging cable from it then reconnecting, still will not charge.
    - Bought new battery, still will not charge. 
    - Updated BIOS to latest, still will not charge.
    - Removed Windows drivers for battery, reboot, still will not charge.

There is a real problem with this hardware, period.
  • cmbk
    cmbk Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    AN715-51 here, same problem.

I can confirm solution for this problem decribed SilverScreen said:
    I FOUND A SOLUTION!!!
    Everyone, I can confirm, my laptop too was not working, but I tried the solution of PISSCHRIST, and now it's working perfectly!
    However, Im trying to figure out how to avoid this annoying problem. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @cmbkHave you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• cmbk
    Options
    yes, in fact I did it to be able to recharge the battery again. Now with the solution proposed by PISSCHRIST I no longer need to disassemble the laptop.

What I have found so far is that unplugging the power from the laptop on, plugging it back in, does not charge.

What I do to avoid the problem is: suspend the laptop, disconnect the power, use it on battery.
    Then, when plugging it in again, the laptop has to be turned on, with the user logged in, and with that I have not had the problem anymore.

salute
  • cmbk
    Options
    cmbk said:
    yes, in fact I did it to be able to recharge the battery again. Now with the solution proposed by PISSCHRIST I no longer need to disassemble the laptop.

What I have found so far is that unplugging the power from the laptop on, plugging it back in, does not charge.

What I do to avoid the problem is: suspend the laptop, disconnect the power, use it on battery.
    Then, when plugging it in again, the laptop has to be turned on, with the user logged in, and with that I have not had the problem anymore.

salute
    It worked four times, now It does not work. Battery wont charge. sigh
  • noushadtri
    noushadtri Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Acer nitro 7 AN715-51 battery wont charge

I have this problem on my system on two or 3 times. Then I am removed laptop back cover and battery to mother board cable then reconnects. that is working. now I found a solution without removing back cover

1)Use laptop without charger until battery drain to below 10%

2)Restart/turn off laptop and go to bios using F2 or DEL key

3)Wait for system turn off after drain battery (0%)

4)After automatic turning off press and hold power button 50 second without connect charger

5)wait 3 minutes

6)Connect charger and wait 3 minutes

7)Turn on system and check the charging

Good luck!