Predator Triton 500 Blackscreens while gaming

Hanks
Hanks Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have a Triton 500 with i7 8750h and 2080 Max-Q graphic card. The laptop works fine in daily usage but I often encounter the problem of black screen when playing games. I've tried to connect it to a monitor but the problem still exists. The audio keeps going on after the black screen. This problem happens randomly it will have a higher chance to happen if the laptop is running graphically demanding games. I have updated all my drivers but the problem still remains.

Answers

• Hanks
  • mediadoctor
    mediadoctor Member Posts: 24 Networker
    I have the same Problem with i7 8750h and 2080 Max-Q :(
  • JohnCena
    JohnCena Member Posts: 460 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Have you ever upgraded your Nvidia driver?
  • Hanks
    I did upgraded my Nvidia driver but it dose not solve the problem 
  • JohnCena
    Can you try rolling back to the recommended driver on Acer's website? You can find it by searching your device on the drivers part.
  • vorob
    vorob Member Posts: 149 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Both guys with issue, what's the BIOS version?
  • mediadoctor
    mediadoctor Member Posts: 24 Networker
    vorob said:
    Both guys with issue, what's the BIOS version?
    Latest
  • Hanks
    JohnCena said:
    Can you try rolling back to the recommended driver on Acer's website? You can find it by searching your device on the drivers part.
    I did but it doesn't help
  • JohnCena
    Can you try to install Intel's generic graphics driver? By the way, it's so sad that you have this problem on a top - tier laptop.
  • Hanks
    JohnCena said:
    Can you try to install Intel's generic graphics driver? By the way, it's so sad that you have this problem on a top - tier laptop.
    My laptop is always running on discrete GPU only mode so I don't think it matters. It is very annoying that this kind of problem happens on such an expensive laptop.
  • vorob
    Hanks said:
    JohnCena said:
    My laptop is always running on discrete GPU only mode so I don't think it matters. It is very annoying that this kind of problem happens on such an expensive laptop.
    Can you tell me about the manufacture date? It's at the bottom of the laptop. Mine is 2019/03/14 and I never encountered black screen issue. I'm playing in dGPU-only mode and have the same processor.
  • vorob
    I heard numerous reports on such an issue. On Russian forum there are 7 of 8 people with such issues. Currently, they solve it by limiting fps. Do you play with fps cap?
  • vorob
    Hanks said:
    JohnCena said:
    Just to be 100% sure, you are sitting in Discrete Only mode (G-Sync), option via Predator Sense / BIOS. Right? iGPU is completely off? Asking this because when you are sitting in Nvidia Optimus mode and use external monitor, iGPU is also OFF and everything comes through NVIDIA GPU. Thx. 
  • JohnCena
    vorob said:
    Hanks said:
    JohnCena said:
    Just to be 100% sure, you are sitting in Discrete Only mode (G-Sync), option via Predator Sense / BIOS. Right? iGPU is completely off? Asking this because when you are sitting in Nvidia Optimus mode and use external monitor, iGPU is also OFF and everything comes through NVIDIA GPU. Thx. 
    External monitor connects to intel UHD on most of the cases so yeah that might work. iGPU may be causing it.
  • vorob
    Nope, that's not what i'm talking about. And people catch black screens without external monitors. I just wanna be sure that author is using dGPU mode.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • LizzardWizzard
    LizzardWizzard Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

vorob said:
    I heard numerous reports on such an issue. On Russian forum there are 7 of 8 people with such issues. Currently, they solve it by limiting fps. Do you play with fps cap?

Hey man. having the same issue with triton 500 and rtx 2060. Did you find out about any other solution in the meantime than capping the fps. Also what did they cap the fps to to fix the issue?

• ZombieSOAD
    ZombieSOAD Member Posts: 4 New User
    I believe I found a fix. It is a Max Q type gpu problem, disable dynamic boost and you shouldnt run into the black screen problem. If you look up other gpus with max q, theyre also having that problem. Before I changed it, I constantly kept getting black screens on halo reach and after I disabled it, I haven't had the problem again.
    Hopefully it works for you also.
  • vorob
    I’ve got boost enabled and never had black screen issue. 2080maxq. 
  • ZombieSOAD
    ZombieSOAD Member Posts: 4 New User
    I mean, it's for people with the black screen issue lol Ive been playing hardcore and haven't had a black screen in a week now. What version do you have? I'm curious