Q to Gamers: Anyone Knows How To Code Games?

Coreyxore
Coreyxore Member Posts: 3 New User
After I come back from work (and previously after school) I just spend time gaming because I enjoy it. But since quite a while I've wanted to make my own game as well, but none of my friends know anything about it, and even though I know some coding (not much though) it seems im as far as I was to creating a game before I've learned programming.

I mean, there are things like functions with paremeters, variables, etc etc, so basically I understand that int variable could hold health points or damage, but I need to know how to make something with graphics, not just CMD games.

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Nionts1938
    Nionts1938 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Coreyxore said:
    After I come back from work (and previously after school) I just spend time gaming because I enjoy it. But since quite a while I've wanted to make my own game as well, but none of my friends know anything about it, and even though I know some coding (not much though) it seems im as far as I was to creating a game before I've learned programming.

I mean, there are things like functions with paremeters, variables, etc etc, so basically I understand that int variable could hold health points or damage, but I need to know how to make something with graphics, not just CMD games.

Any help appreciated!
    Just use a game engine. The reason why you are doing CMD games is because languages by default don't have really much graphical or visual 2D or 3D capabilities, they lack ways to communicate with GPU and even to draw simple 2D or 3D cubes. Thats why for making games you use either game library (e.g. libgdx) or game engine (unity, ue4, godot etc).

IMO engines are MUCH better than libraries. Theyre also kind of "free" to use (until u start selling your games).

As for learning, try to look for free courses instead of paid:
    https://gamedevsuccess.com/development/coding-role-playing-game/