V7 series-VW237Q Speakers

Options
Ken429
Ken429 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited April 12 in 2020 Archives
I just hooked up my new VW237Q Monitor fresh from Amazon and I cannot figure out how to get the built in speakers to work.  W10 seems to recognize the monitor and thinks it has speakers but...I can't seem to find the correct settings to make them work.  I'm using the built in Intel video stuff in the 4790K cpu - no video card.  The user guide makes mention of two version of this monitor - one with speakers and one without.  How do I know which one I got?!  Help appreciated.

Comments

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,052 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hello,
    Could you give me the first ten characters of the monitor serial number (S/N)?
    France
  • Ken429

Tinkerer

Options
    laurent_14 said:
    Hello,
    Could you give me the first ten characters of the monitor serial number (S/N)?
    MMTF8AA001
  • laurent_14
    Options
    This monitor is shipped without speakers. Could you also give me the part number (P/N) to be sure?
    France
  • Ken429

Tinkerer

Options
    This monitor is shipped without speakers. Could you also give me the part number (P/N) to be sure?
    UM.EV7AA.001
  • laurent_14
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Yes I confirm this monitor is shipped without built-in speakers: https://www.acer.com/datasheets/2018/4831/V7/UM.EV7AA.001.html
    France
  • Ken429

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks for the information!  I told Amazon the're web page is misleading.  I guess this is a new monitor.  I like the 1920X1200 format.  Looks like somebody gave in and started making these panels again.  The 1920X1200 monitors were hard to find until recently.  I see LG has a new monitor that looks very similar to the ACER and - maybe - it ships with speakers since it costs ~$30 more.  Away, thanks again, I like the monitor - I'll learn to live with the external speakers and extra wires.
  • laurent_14
    Options
    You're welcome. You should take a look at the B7 series if it is not too late: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/professional-models/monitors/b7
    France
  • Ken429

Tinkerer

Options
    Looks like this is the one I should have bought?

Acer B247W bmiprzx 24" 16:10 IPS Monitor

• Ken429

Tinkerer

Options
    Purchased the B247W for $140 @ B&H Photo.  Think I like it.  Only one minor issue - the back of the Monitor across the top is not flat so the Logiteh Web Cam is a bit unstable.  The only other issue I ran into which is probable obvious to those who have monitors with built in speakers:  when the DisplayPort cable (supplied with the Monitor) is used the monitor requires the additional speaker wire (also supplied) yet when a HDMI cable (not supplied) is used the speakers work without the speaker wire.  In fact, at least on my old ASRock Z97 MB with no Video Card the default RealTek Audio does not work when the HDMI cable is used you have to make the Intel Audio the default Sound option.