ACER ASPIRE - HARD DISK INSTALLATION

parth_sarathi
parth_sarathi Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 12 in 2020 Archives
I GOT AN ACER ASPIRE WITH 51GB SSD, AND AFTER AA MONTH OF USUAGE I WISH TO INSTALL A HARD DISK USING THE CASE GIVEN WITH THE LAPTOP.
MY ONLY DOUBT IN THIS CASE IS, WHETHER DOING SO WILL BREACH THE WARRENTY? AND WHT IF I GET IT DONE AT AN AUTHORISED ACER SERVICE CENTER?

Comments

• compwiz1202
    compwiz1202 Member Posts: 1 New User
    It will breach it if you do it yourself. If you take it/send it to a center, the warranty will still be valid. But the question is how much does labor cost?
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,767 Pathfinder
    I GOT AN ACER ASPIRE WITH 51GB SSD, AND AFTER AA MONTH OF USUAGE I WISH TO INSTALL A HARD DISK USING THE CASE GIVEN WITH THE LAPTOP.
    MY ONLY DOUBT IN THIS CASE IS, WHETHER DOING SO WILL BREACH THE WARRENTY? AND WHT IF I GET IT DONE AT AN AUTHORISED ACER SERVICE CENTER?

In US and Canada you may upgrade the device as per your wish.. But before the upgrades please check for a sticker on the rear end " Do not Remove it may void warranty" If this sticker is present then upgrading yourself would void the warranty. If it does not then you are free to upgrade.

As per my knowledge and acer warranty guidelines it shows that acer would not do any upgrades or downgrades.. 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer