Faded spot seen on my Acer Nitro 5 laptop

Options
DhirajThapa
DhirajThapa Member Posts: 1 New User
HI, my acer nitro 5 laptop has a faded black spot on a left side as if the black light of that particular section has broken. what could be the fix for it? I've also attached an image of my screen. is it fixable or do i have to replace the screen? Thank you in advance :)

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    How did this problem occur? Does the problem remain in the bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Vocem_Virtutis
    Vocem_Virtutis Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Not positive about Bios, but I’m having the same issue with mine. I think it might have something to do with the left side of the screen having started to come apart, and maybe something got pulled out of place? It’s my best thought, I really don’t know anything about computers though.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @Vocem_Virtutis Is your notebook under warranty?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Vocem_Virtutis
    Options
    I'll have to check, but I think so, I got it December 2018
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the exact model? Example AN515-51-75KZ. Check the warranty here: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/system-information

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Vocem_Virtutis
    Options
    AN515-51-55WL
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Did you check the warranty on the link?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Vocem_Virtutis
    Options
    Warranty is out, that's not great. Thank you though.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    In this case, I suggest that you change the display.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• zalabo
    zalabo Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have the exact same problem at the exact same spot... Have you found a solution? 
  • Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator
    Options
    zalabo said:
    I have the exact same problem at the exact same spot... Have you found a solution? 
    Hi, 

We request you to share the exact model name and issue. Also, if possible please share the images to help you better.

Also, we request you to create a new topic with above suggestions.

Regards,
    Acer-Samuel
  • zakha3v
    zakha3v Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    zalabo said:
    Hi, now I have the exact same problem at the exact same spot, did you figure out what's wrong and what needs to be done? I can't afford to change the whole display atm.
    Acer-Samuel said:
    zalabo said:
    Hi, 

We request you to share the exact model name and issue. Also, if possible please share the images to help you better. 

Also, we request you to create a new topic with above suggestions.

Regards,
    Acer-Samuel

Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52

As you can see this is exactly the same issue as posted by the OP of this thread. Please help me. 
    (Sorry for the crappy photo quality)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @zakha3v Check the edp connector and that the display is correctly fixed to the lid holder:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoO9q_svwz0&t=2s

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• connorc
    connorc Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the exact same problem, purchased in Dec of 2018. No picture attached since it's 100 % identical to this picture. The left side of the laptop screen has begun coming apart for a long time now, and from what I found seems to be an extremely common problem. I have to open it so carefully such a pain but one day I opened it up from its stationary desk spot and this spot showed up!

AN-515-53-52FA

What can I do?

• RobertOsburn
    RobertOsburn Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

The faded black spot on your Acer Nitro 5 laptop screen suggests a malfunctioning backlight or a defective LCD panel in that specific area. To address this issue, I recommend contacting Acer customer support or consulting a professional technician. They can accurately diagnose the problem and provide suitable solutions, such as replacing the screen or repairing the backlight. Taking prompt action is essential to prevent further complications and maintain optimal screen performance.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer