Nitro AN515-54 - Linux installer doesn't see my drive

TheoForay
TheoForay Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I am trying to dual boot my Nitro AN515-54. I already have Windows 10 installed and set up and don't want to wipe it out.
Though, after flashing my USB drive, booting onto it, the Linux installer (Pop_OS) only sees the USB drive, and not my main (SSD).
Does anyone have an idea on how to do this dual boot?

(My current BIOS is insydeh20 setup utility rev5.0)

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I suggest you follow this procedure:
    a) access windows and enable safe boot:

b) then restart windows and access the bios.
    c) go to the MAIN tab and change the sata mode function to AHCI. If the sata mode function is not available, press the CTRL + S keys.
    d) now, the linux installation will see the ssd.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I suggest you follow this procedure:
    a) access windows and enable safe boot:

b) then restart windows and access the bios.
    c) go to the MAIN tab and change the sata mode function to AHCI. If the sata mode function is not available, press the CTRL + S keys.
    d) now, the linux installation will see the ssd.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TheoForay
    Ola ! Thank you very much for your answer.
    Won't this delete my Windows things ? I read somewhere that I had modifications to do on the Windows registry first. Do you know anything about this?
  • I always recommend that users back up files as a precaution. However, the above procedure generally does not cause any problems. What happens is that other users often change sata mode, without enabling secure boot.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• TheoForay
    Awesome!
    And so after installing my Linux, I will be able to reboot into Windows safely too?
  • Yes my friend.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• TurtleTom
    TurtleTom Member Posts: 1 New User
    This fix worked for my Nitro 5 AN517-5156YW
  • @TheoForay About the problem in the bios, create a new topic. Try disconnecting your hard drives and ssds. The dash in the upper left corner does not indicate that the bios is corrupted.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer