disconnect the battery

mrspock
mrspock Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 12 in 2020 Archives
I have acer aspire V13, which has not a removable battery. As I alway use it only with a power supply I do not need the battery to reload every week. How can I disconnect the battery programatically so it should not reload?

Comments

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning mrspock !

Do not.
    The current battery system is not like old laptops.
    The battery is not only meant to provide power for mobility.
    It also has an extra security layer function against surges and voltages in the network, helps with internal voltage calibration and does not allow the system to shut down in the event of a power failure.
    In addition, removing the battery in several countries in regions may void the warranty.
    Current ion-lithium batteries do not suffer from an "addictive effect" and need to be kept charged so that cells do not lose capacity.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• mrspock
    mrspock Member Posts: 2 New User
    Battery charged every weak is certain to be damaged within four years. I need it to stop recharging or otherwise I will disconnect it manually by switching off the wires.
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Wrong.
    Current ion-lithium batteries have a defined useful life as soon as they receive the first charge.
    It will end whether you use it or not.
    Leaving abtheria without loading will affect the internal cells that will lose their carrying capacity.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    mrspock said:
    Battery charged every weak is certain to be damaged within four years. I need it to stop recharging or otherwise I will disconnect it manually by switching off the wires.
    I am not sure where you got this information - My old laptop from 2012 had been constantly connected on battery while being 100% on power. After over 8 years now battery wear is at about 48%.
    Three other laptops a(two at home and one of work) have non removable batteries and have been going on for over 2 years now with less than 5% wear (5% and less I don't bother since windows sends a "100% full signal" to stop battery charging from triggering until it goes below 95%).
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045