Aspire A515-54G doesn't have an option to disable the keyboard backlight timeout

Razorice
Razorice Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Seems like Acer decided to go through and close all the threads talking about this, but they neglected to actually solve the problem. Telling us you're aware of the problem is not actually a solution, unfortunately. You've demonstrated the ability to fix the problem on some models, so why not do so on all models that are affected?

To answer the eventual questions: I'm on bios version 1.12. No, I don't have the bios option to disable the backlight timeout. I'm specifically requesting that functionality that doesn't exist.

Thanks,
--Razor

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,435 Trailblazer

Also try pressing Ctrl+S to see if it might appear.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Open Nitrosense and click the settings gear shaped Icon at the top right, backlight time out may be there

Please click YES if I have answered your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Razorice

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    Open Nitrosense and click the settings gear shaped Icon at the top right, backlight time out may be there

I don't have the Nitrosense app. I'm guessing that's only available on the Nitro line? This laptop is from the Aspire line.

JackE said:

Jack E/NJ

Yes, that's the wildly unhelpful comment they left on my previous question as they closed the thread, requiring me to open a new one. Once again, acknowledgement of the issue is not the same as fixing it.

Thanks,
    --Razor
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited January 2020
    Razorice said:
    andylb said:

I don't have the Nitrosense app. I'm guessing that's only available on the Nitro line? This laptop is from the Aspire line.

JackE said:

Jack E/NJ

Yes, that's the wildly unhelpful comment they left on my previous question as they closed the thread, requiring me to open a new one. Once again, acknowledgement of the issue is not the same as fixing it.

Thanks,
    --Razor

My bad, my brain put an "N" after the "A". We give of our time freely to try and help, we don't work for or represent Acer and this is a community Forum of users like yourself. If you find our answers unhelpful I suggest you contact Acer support directly. As you observed they have closed the threads so they are aware of your thoughts. Incidentally I agree that where possible the feature should be available 

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Razorice

Tinkerer

No worries, Andy! I appreciate the attempt, at least :-)
    I'm just extremely bothered by Acer coming in and closing threads that are obviously unsolved without even a non-committal "we're working on it, check back soon!", so forgive me for being a bit salty.

Thanks,
    --Razor
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,435 Trailblazer
    >>>Yes, that's the wildly unhelpful comment they left on my previous question as they closed the thread, requiring me to open a new one. Once again, acknowledgement of the issue is not the same as fixing it.>>>

Heh-heh. Who do you think declared it as 'fixed'?   :)   Seriously though, I think you're just gonna have to keep checking for BIOS firmware updates on the ACER download site like the rest of us users. I think the 'unhelpful comment' at least suggests there've been enough complaints about this issue that it's slowly --- even if only ever so slowly --- being addressed. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ