P5RCJ IO Board ? Acer R5-571TG-70TV

westwin
westwin Member Posts: 4 New User
edited January 2020 in Aspire Laptops
Hi, I have been searching for a P5RCJ IO Board. My 2.5 year old Acer R5-571TG-70TV will no longer turn on, because of a faulty power button (while searching I discovered this appears to be a design problem for a number of Acer models). Any suggestions where I might look?

I really enjoyed the machine and want to get it running again. I have tried the suggested parts resellers listed by ACER, but discovered of the six listed in the US and Canada, four are out of business. The remaining one in Canada does not carry the part. The remaining one in the US does not respond to emails. I have tried a number of other parts resellers, but have had no luck. Some have told me that they do not show my model listed and do not know if the IO boards they carry will work. I may end up trying a couple, just to see.

I am very disappointed that a machine, manufactured less than three years ago, appears has no parts available for resale. I am also disappointed that Acer, itself, has no inventory of parts for machines, out of warranty. If I have to buy a new laptop/notebook, I will keep that in mind when searching for a new machine. 

Comments

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Google "R5-571TG" "motherboard" "aliexpress'. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• westwin
    Thanks JackE, I did that and found a possible board on their site. When I did a some research on the company, there were some negative reviews. Have you had a good experience with them?
  • Have you tried to contact an Acer-authorized Canadian dealer called kev0806? https://www.sourceitstore.com/?category=&s=R5-571TG&search-btn=&search_posttype=product&search_sku=1
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    edited January 2020
    >>>Thanks JackE, I did that and found a possible board on their site. When I did a some research on the company, there were some negative reviews. Have you had a good experience with them?>>>

Aliexpress? I've usually found them and their concessionaires to be about as good --- or as bad --- as Amazon's. But delivery times are typically about a month since most parts like this ship on a slow boat from warehouses in China or Europe.  :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• westwin
    Thanks, JackE & egydiocoelho. I sent out some emails to make sure their boards would work with my specific machine. I may buy two, just to make sure I have one if it fails again.
  • Post the result here.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • westwin

After emailing kev0806 (Kevin Joss at sourceitstore.ca) through his website, I received a reply from him in less than three hours. He was very helpful, and I believe good customer service is worth a higher price on an item. He asked for the SSN or SNID of the laptop to make sure he had a compatible board. Once I provided the information, he was able to verify his board would work. I ordered the board and received it in about three days instead of the 7-10 days the website said it might take. I found out PayPal makes a good profit on "converting" currencies, since I ordered from the Canadian website. Since kev0806 also has a Miami location, some money might be saved if ordering from there at least on the conversion cost.

My faith in Acer has been restored. As a warning to anyone that might have a possible "dead" seeming laptop/notebook, there was one check I did wrong on my laptop. While I held down my power button for up-to-minute several times to see if it would reset the battery, that was apparently not the correct procedure for this particular machine. While getting the SNID I had noticed a pinhole on the bottom of the laptop.

During the weekend, before the part arrived, I took a magnifying glass and saw that there was a battery icon near the pinhole. I took a toothpick and inserted it in the hole since my paperclips were too large for it. After about 20 seconds it reset the battery and the laptop powered up. I had ignored a lesson I thought I had learned a long time ago - always spend time reviewing all the possibilities you can think about when studying a problem. I should have searched for an alternative way to reset the battery before ordering a part. I will keep the part, since I plan on keeping this laptop for quite a while and may need it later.

• Chuquar
    Chuquar Member Posts: 1 New User
    I know this is a year after the fact, but last year at this time, the very same part on the very same laptop also broke.  The power button (internal) is clearly faulty.  Was wondering if you ever installed the part you purchased WESTWIN?