Nitro 5 AN515-42 overclock

PanPan
PanPan Member Posts: 17 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
So I've tried overclocking my Nitro 5 AN515-42 by using MSI Afterburner. I tried changing the core clock speeds but when I try to apply the settings it goes back to its default settings. Why does this happen? I've also tried doing it on my other GPU, but same situation.

Best Answer

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    PanPan said:
    So I've tried overclocking my Nitro 5 AN515-42 by using MSI Afterburner. I tried changing the core clock speeds but when I try to apply the settings it goes back to its default settings. Why does this happen? I've also tried doing it on my other GPU, but same situation.

The BIOS for your model is locked for Overclocking and CANNOT be Overclocked. This is for a good reason, Overclocking can seriously damage your laptop and also voids the Warranty if you have one. 

I know it isn't the answer you wanted but it is the correct answer so please click Yes

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• PanPan said:
    This msi afterburner issuse so i don't think you will find your answer here.you will find you problem solution in msi afterburner forums. 

I suggest use amd official overclock software but at you own risk it is official but if something happen because of overclocking your warranty lose.
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    PanPan said:

The BIOS for your model is locked for Overclocking and CANNOT be Overclocked. This is for a good reason, Overclocking can seriously damage your laptop and also voids the Warranty if you have one. 

I know it isn't the answer you wanted but it is the correct answer so please click Yes

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• J4ku6
    J4ku6 Member Posts: 1 New User
    On MSI Afterburner go on settings and click on AMD optimisation