My Acer Aspire 5 notebook hinges already broke for not even a year

Zulhelmi96
Zulhelmi96 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I dont know how to react right now as I am angry, frustrating, and dissapointing on the quality control of the new aspire 5. I use my laptop not even a year and still under warranty until the hinges started to fail on me. I went to acer service centre for repair as I still have my warranty and guess what, they easily said that this is not covered by warranty. They ask me to pay 175 Malaysian Ringgit including labour for it to be fixed for the thing that I didnt broke at the first place. I am a gentle user and I always take care of my product. My old laptop last me for 5 years and this thing break for not even a year. I am not mad at Acer staff because they only do their job. I am angry that the laptop that I bought with my parents money for studying purpose has fail on me and I had my mom to pay on the repairing fee. If Acer did not care on my complain on this forum, I will not buying or recommending Acer products to others. I love my Acer Aspire 5 but this really broke my heart. Below are the photos I taken at Acer highpoint service centre, Malaysia

Answers