Undervolting not changing temps?

Options
Overclockedmygtx660m
Overclockedmygtx660m Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi guys! This is my first post, but I've been on the forum for long enough to get the gist of undervolting my cpu. I have the 8th Feb Intel i-7 with the 1060 6gb and, as many people say, it runs quite hot (90-97). To fix this, I turned down maximum processor power to 99% and the minimum to 95%. This fixed my overheating but dropped my frames while gaming about 15-20, because Intel turbo has been disabled. I tried to undervolt instead of this using Intel xtu, which didn't work, and throttlestop which also didn't reduce temps. I don't know why this is because most people report a 10-15 degree reduction. Also, I uninstalled Intel xtu before resetting the -.100 v to 0, but reinstalled it to find that it was back to 0, does this mean my bios didn't save the undervolt? I just want to make sure I didn't create a new base volt that is .100 below the standard. Anyway, I'm just trying to get my temps down without voiding warranty with a repasting job, so any advice would help.  If you are still reading this massive post I thank you for your time!

Best Answer

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you don't want to void warranty, contact Acer Support. They might send some technician to do it for you. Just tell the person to use Kryonaut or Arctic MX4 (buy it before calling them).
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you don't want to void warranty, contact Acer Support. They might send some technician to do it for you. Just tell the person to use Kryonaut or Arctic MX4 (buy it before calling them).
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!