Nitro AN515-54-51M5 Touchpad freezes up while gaming.

WolfenGene
WolfenGene Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
When playing games (or while simply using the keyboard and touchpad at the same time) the mouse will frequently freeze up at seemingly random times. For example, when playing Minecraft, I am able to look and move separately with no issue. However, when attempting to move or preform actions at the same time as looking around, the mouse will freeze up and I will have to take my hands off both the keyboard and touchpad before it "resets" and I can play for another 10 seconds until it happens again. I have tried updating the drivers, editing touchpad settings in windows, updating bios (which does NOT have a "Basic / Advanced" option for the touchpad). Is this a common problem? Will I simply have to keep a mouse with me anywhere I bring the laptop? Is it defective? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited January 2020
    This is not a common problem. It may be that your CPU is stressed so please post a screenshot of Nitrosense taken during a game but just after this has occurred

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• WolfenGene
    WolfenGene Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited January 2020
    Here is Nitrosense. This is pretty standard as far as gaming goes. The only thing I notice is that it runs a little hot. I was going to reapply thermal paste at some point in the future.

Additionally, this happens as soon as the game boots up, so its not like it even gets the chance to overheat and start throttling.