Problem with Chromebook -Google Search results

Options
Peggy01
Peggy01 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
As of yesterday, when I get results for a google search, each result appears with a logo and web address above it. I have tried powerwash to elimate these things above each search result but they still appear. Can someone tell me how to eliminate this feature, I suspect it is "operator error" and I hit something I should not have.  Thank you

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Google has re-designed part of their search engine website defaults. If you don't like their new view defaults, click on google settings in the lower right hand corner of the google site and give them a piece of your mind or click on help and ask them to change their ways back to the way you like. But please don't try to powerwash your machine again to try to get their attention. =)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Options
    You mean like this, for example when you do a search for watch repair? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Peggy01
    Options
    Yes Jack, that is exactly what appears, you are very kind to help me
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Google has re-designed part of their search engine website defaults. If you don't like their new view defaults, click on google settings in the lower right hand corner of the google site and give them a piece of your mind or click on help and ask them to change their ways back to the way you like. But please don't try to powerwash your machine again to try to get their attention. =)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Peggy01
    Options
    Thank you Jack!!!  You are so very kind to sort this out for me!