Nitro 5 15-53 Blue Screen with whea_uncorrectable_error when using HDMI to output to monitor

Options
Motz
Motz Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have a Nitro 15-53 that when I plug in an external monitor via an HDMI cable it will blue screen a 1-5 minutes after I plug it in. I have updated the Bios to the latest version. Microsoft says it is a hardware error. The blue screen is new, but I have been having issues with the computer not shutting down properly for a a couple months. it would go to sleep and then I could never wake it backup. I have gotten around that issue by turning off all power saving. All the drivers are up to date, the windows updates are up to date. It does not appear to be overheating as some posts have suggested. At a loss now. 

Best Answer

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited January 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    Motz said:
    Hi,
    Thank you so much for the advice. After looking at the NVidia driver I noticed that there was also an Intel driver. I have since disabled the Intel driver and that seems to have solved the problem. If anyone has a Acer that is experiencing weird issues with their display, try disabling the Intel driver. I went into Computer Management, then Device Manager, Display Adapters, Selected the Intel Adapter and selected Disable. 

@Motz that was exactly what I suspected when I gave my answer above because your external monitor must be connected to your Nvidia GPU and your laptop has two GPU's, you managed to disable the Intel in Device Manager but the same can be done in the Nvidia Control Panel under 3D Settings/Global Kindly click YES if I helped answer your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• andylb
    Options
    That's a hardware error not a hardware failure and it may be your GPU. First make sure the monitor is utilizing your Discrete Nvidia GPU under 3d settings/Programs Tab in The Nvidia Control Center. make sure your Nvidia drivers are up to date

Please click YES if I have answered your question

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Motz
    Motz Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi,
    Thank you so much for the advice. After looking at the NVidia driver I noticed that there was also an Intel driver. I have since disabled the Intel driver and that seems to have solved the problem. If anyone has a Acer that is experiencing weird issues with their display, try disabling the Intel driver. I went into Computer Management, then Device Manager, Display Adapters, Selected the Intel Adapter and selected Disable. 
  • andylb
    edited January 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    Motz said:
    Hi,

@Motz that was exactly what I suspected when I gave my answer above because your external monitor must be connected to your Nvidia GPU and your laptop has two GPU's, you managed to disable the Intel in Device Manager but the same can be done in the Nvidia Control Panel under 3D Settings/Global Kindly click YES if I helped answer your question

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★