Helios 500 PH517-51 - randomly drops refresh rate from 144 to 60.

2»

Answers

• Emodz
    Emodz Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited August 2020
    Emodz said:
    AZZIZ said:
    Emodz said:
    Hey Azziz I thought you might want to know they finally are aware of this issue, I noticed in the latest driver notes:
    Windows 10 Only [Notebook]: Some Pascal-based notebooks w/ high refresh rate displays may randomly drop to 60Hz during gameplay. [3009452]
    Now its listed as still an outstanding issue but at least we know they know about it and can probably expect a fix finally soon.

Great news!!
    thank you for this hopefully wont take them long

just a heads up the 452.06 driver seems to be working for me,
    Actually it just happened again today, so the issue is still present. closing laptop lid and re-opening set it back to 144hz again. I wasn't even in a game this time just at the desktop and suddenly it was 60hz.
  • AZZIZ
    AZZIZ Member Posts: 49 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Emodz said:
    Emodz said:
    AZZIZ said:
    Emodz said:
    Hey Azziz I thought you might want to know they finally are aware of this issue, I noticed in the latest driver notes:
    Windows 10 Only [Notebook]: Some Pascal-based notebooks w/ high refresh rate displays may randomly drop to 60Hz during gameplay. [3009452]
    Now its listed as still an outstanding issue but at least we know they know about it and can probably expect a fix finally soon.

Great news!!
    thank you for this hopefully wont take them long

just a heads up the 452.06 driver seems to be working for me,
    Actually it just happened again today, so the issue is still present. closing laptop lid and re-opening set it back to 144hz again. I wasn't even in a game this time just at the desktop and suddenly it was 60hz.

Unlucky..
    Can you check for me if you can enable HAGS on your system?
    you have a helios 500 righT?
  • STOPchris
    STOPchris Member Posts: 99 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Same laptop here, same frustrating problem.
  • Fisher_P
    Fisher_P Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Problem still is present in 2012 :/
  • AZZIZ
    AZZIZ Member Posts: 49 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Remember fixing it by rolling back drivers, check comments in the first page. Still not fixed with newer drivers?
This discussion has been closed.