Monitors blacking out while gaming KG241Q

Options
spatterson
spatterson Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 21 in 2020 Archives
I just purchased 2 Acer KG241Q monitors. Whenever I'm gaming, the main (bottom) display will black out for a few seconds at random times. The second (top) monitor does not have this issue. Even when I move the game window to the second monitor, the main display still blacks out. I'm currently connected via displayport and have tried HDMI with the same results. Updated all drivers, no over clocking, tried switching between DP 1.2 and 1.1, reduced in game graphics to low on all settings.

GPU:
XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS Black Edition
CPU: intel i9-9900k
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3
RAM:
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB

Is this an issue with the monitor itself? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Answers

• LucasHormann
    LucasHormann Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    Hello. First of all, sorry if my english is a little off, not my mother language.
    I've bought the same monitor in the last black friday, and had the same problem + some other problems...
    Tried a lot of stuff not worth mentioning here. Also, some weeks ago, the computer would corrupt the bios and wouldn't start.
    We fixed that, then the PC wouldn't start again even with new bios, motherboard and HD. Then we discovered that if we removed the DisplayPort Cable the PC would turn on AUTOMATICLY. -Yea, if you pressed the "on" button, the computer wouldn't turn on. But if you unplugged the displayport cable, as soon as the plug came out, the PC would turn on without further actions. Dumb, right?
    Then WE SIMPLY TRIED AN OLDER DP CABLE WE HAD and everything apparently was fixed. 
    We think that the new displayport cable was broken or something like that. If the problems reapear, I'm gonna contact acer support.
  • mati987321
    mati987321 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I had the exact same problem when using an HDMI cable. Switched to DisplayPort and now i don't have any issues.