XB271HU Burning image right out of the box

Options
Genteel
Genteel Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 22 in 2020 Archives
Upon receiving this monitor I plugged it in and it already looked funny from the start.  When the white predator logo displayed on the back background it looked artifacted.  When I saw my desktop everything was extremely washed out.  I gave it the benefit of the doubt and figured there were some out of the box calibrations.  I have messed with the color profile substantially to try and get the color right and it's just way off.  while calibrating the monitor I noticed I could see the desktop image behind my chrome window.  The picture is burning into the screen such a considerable amount that when I move any window I have open it looks transparent because of how the image burned in.  I have tried resetting the monitor by unplugging the power and DP then plugging in just the power cable and holding the power button for 10 seconds.  Is there a fix for this?  The first picture is what newegg looks like open on the monitor (to the right) the left is a $100 Samsung monitor.  The second picture is what my startup screen for the monitor looks like.