Takes 5 minutes or longer to get loaded up and connected to the screen/monitor

suemp
suemp Member Posts: 18

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
I'm not sure what came first - updating Windows 10 to the next version, or more likely, the flickering that was preventing me from having an introduction page to my computer after I pressed start. After a while, it came to take more than 5 minutes for something to click in and allow me to see the page where it says click to log in.  From then on, all works fine.  I'm not sure if I deleted something in trying to get it to work, 2 or 3 weeks ago. I don't recall.  But the flickering now seems related to the action of the light button on the bottom of the monitor. Computer screen flicks each time the light flashes off (or is it when on).  I go away and keep a distant eye on it and eventually, the screen, in colour, will appear and I can log in. 

I checked the connections for the monitor. But I am still wondering if it is a problem with needing a new cable/cord, whatever you call it, to the monitor. Could something have happened when Bell upgraded the modem?  I only did that for reasons of speed. I don't download music or movies, so it was only a minor move, but sometimes changes in one thing affect changes in another (eg tv, phone and internet.)

If anyone has heard of this happening, and what might be the problem, please say. But not just guessing irrationally, please. I am not going to mess with the BIOS, or uninstalling display drivers, which I have already tried looking into.  I don't need a list of 10 things to try. I need to know what is wrong or where to get help.