What to rename .fd file to flash bios on Acer Spin SP513-52N?

Options
Nom
Nom Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
My computer powers on fine, but the screen is black (not even the acer logo or some bios screen). Connecting it to an external monitor shows no input. I have tried pressing the battery reset button, and it makes no difference. It sounds like this is maybe what's happening: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/533825/windows-update-stuck-on-please-wait-while-we-install-a-system-update-message#_ga=2.260240014.2031481096.1578259958-773202981.1578259958
However, I don't know what to rename the .fd file (the exe I downloaded from the product page is called VRBl0115, when I run it, I get several files including a WdyKBL115.fd one). Also, if I try plugging the usb in, holding <fn> and <esc>, and plugging in the ac adapter, it seems to power on without pressing the power button (but only if I'm holding those keys down), so I'm not sure when/if to press the power button and when to let go of <fn> and <esc>.

Help please.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good evening Nom !

The provided Bios updates are only to be made via the operating system in executable files.
    There is no direct support for using Flash Bios for security reasons.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!