GN246HL

And it only runs at 60 Hz
I conected every cable but it only shows 60 Hz
How can i solve this?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,839 Trailblazer
    Options
    IIRC it requires the right version of the DP cable to get 144Hz, HDMI doesn't go quite that fast.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Stefan17RO
    Stefan17RO Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    billsey said:. 
    IIRC it requires the right version of the DP cable to get 144Hz, HDMI doesn't go quite that fast.

The monitor doesn't have a Display port, Will it work whith an adaptor from DP to hdmi?
  • billsey
    edited January 2020
    Options
    No, that will match the lower HDMI specs. Do you know which SKU you have? There should be a bunch of letters after the GN246HL. Does yours have a DVI in addition to the HDMI? The 144Hz mode might be tied to that port if you don't have DP.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • civillian1
    civillian1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    i have exacly the same problem.

i'm keeping an eye on this for a sollution.

no Dport... that was stupid -_-
  • daywalker813
    daywalker813 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    i have the same issue. i have tried HDMI & the DVI port and only will show 60HZ. monitor does not have Display port. anyone had any luck solving this issue?
  • civillian1
    civillian1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    No man. I think it's impossible. I will sell my monitor and buy one with a Dport
  • Gemberniels
    Gemberniels Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I made an account just for this answer, it could be too late for you. But maybe for someone else.

If you use the DVI port, you need a DVI dual link cable, that is the only way to get this monitor at 144 hz. A normal DVI cable doesn't have enough bandwidth 
  • Stefan17RO
    Stefan17RO Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I made an account just for this answer, it could be too late for you. But maybe for someone else.

If you use the DVI port, you need a DVI dual link cable, that is the only way to get this monitor at 144 hz. A normal DVI cable doesn't have enough bandwidth 
    thx for the comment, its not to late, hope it works .
  • Triskadieka
    Triskadieka Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    billsey said:
    DP version 1.4(excluding some older monitors) and higher (current gen is 2.0\2.1) have support for 144Hz refresh rate.

I have bought a 144 Hz monitor,

GN246HL

And it only runs at 60 Hz
    I conected every cable but it only shows 60 Hz
    How can i solve this?
    Can you check which port you plugged in your monitor to. If you have a PC you usually have a separate HDMI port from the graphihcs card, if it is a laptop there is only one port to connect to so you are fine here.

Assuming you have installed latest drivers and have Windows updates (Win10) installed, head to Settings->System->Display->Advanced Display Settings and then Display Adapter Properties for your intended monitor and Click on List modes and select the entry with expected refresh rate.

If the refresh rate your monitor supports is not listed here you might have to do additonal steps in Nvidia Control Panel or AMD Radeon Settngs.(You can check respective site for your graphics card support)
  • 3DDave
    3DDave Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I think I have the solution
    In the OSD go to System
    Scroll all the way to the bottom, turn on 144hz mode. But you must be using a Display Port cable.
  • The_Advocate
    The_Advocate Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    3DDave said:
    I think I have the solution
    In the OSD go to System
    Scroll all the way to the bottom, turn on 144hz mode. But you must be using a Display Port cable.
    Can you not read?  The Monitor doesnt HAVE Display Port.  Its DVI, HDMI, and VGA ONLY.
  • billsey
    Options
    Your model probably needs the dual link DVI cable then.
  • Siinz
    Siinz Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Has anyone actually got this to work then? Adding up whats been mentioned above, HDMI doesnt work (not even 2.0-2.1 HDMI's) Display port to DVI-D cable doesnt work and dispalys at 60hz only.

Dual link DVI cable was mentioned a few times, but my PC doesn't have a DVI port.

Is there nothing I can do and need a new 144hz monitor with a display port? Or can I get a DVI to display port adapter ?

• billsey
    Options

There are a bunch of different GN246HL models, with different ports populated on different ones. Of those, only the ones with dual link DVI support 144Hz refresh, and only on the DL-DVI port. To use these models at the higher refresh rate you have to have a video card that outputs DL-DVI and the appropriate cable. All other supported connections are don at 1920x1080@60Hz.

• StevenGen
    Options

This monitor has a Max resolution mode supported: 1920 (H) x 1080 (V)@144Hz - only for DL-DVI connections. It has a HDMI interface with Scaling supported, only for the 1A1D1H model. These are all the supported timings: